Chapter 6

"Alright, you may leave the corner now"

At those words, Camila hesitantly turns in place. Her cheeks were wet with tears and her bottom lip was quivering, signalling she was closer than she'd like to admit to crying. She wants to run into the woman's arms, beg her to hold her, but she couldn't find it in her to shift.

The thought of being rejected was laying heavy in her heart and she fears if she voices those thoughts she'd earn yet more time in the corner.

Lauren, who was sat on the couch, looks away from her book when Camila doesn't appear by her side. She goes to scold her yet again for not listening, but the tears and the quivering lip made her stop in her tracks.

Setting down her book and taking off her reading glasses, she invitingly holds her arms open, silently telling the younger girl it was okay to move. When Camila still didn't get the message, her small frame frozen in place, she rises to her feet and makes her way over to her herself.

It was then she could see how much she was visibly trembling with with a small frown, she brings her hands up to cup her cheeks, "what's wrong?" she asks softly, allowing the pads of her thumbs to move soothingly.

Shifting in place, Camila's eyes once again fill with tears but this time, she doesn't bother holding them back. Thankfully, Lauren seems to understand and doesn't push her to talk, simply pulling her into her arms and holding her close whilst softly rocking back and forth.

Her arms were tight around the woman's waist, her hands tightly fisting her shirt and her head was buried in her chest trying to hide. She feels stupid for getting this worked up, but she couldn't help it. The fact that she had been scolded and sent to the corner made her feel vulnerable. Like anyone who saw her could read what she was thinking.

"Shhh, you're okay Camila. I've got you." Lauren speaks soothingly as she begins to run a hand through the girls hair, her free arm wrapped securely around her small waist.

When Camila's grip nor tears ease, she releases her grip and instead places her arms underneath her butt. This allowed her to lift her easily into her arms, the younger girls legs locking tightly round her waist.

Allowing one arm to remain for support, the other comes up to rest on her lower back making sure she wouldn't fall.

Once she was situated, she makes her way towards the couch and settles down on it with the smaller brunette straddling her lap. It was then she begins to quietly hum, hoping the sound of her voice would help calm the upset girl down.

Camila seems to like this as she removes her head from her chest and lays it on her shoulder instead, the once soft sobs escaping her lips easing into just soft sniffles.

"Good girl" she praises, "wanna tell me what got you so upset?" Lauren wonders as she runs a hand up and down her t-shirt clad back, her own head moving down so she could place a soft peck to the girls head.

The small brunette sniffles, her hands coming up to grip the woman's sweatshirt, "I just...I guess I just felt overwhelmed ma'am" she admits quietly.

Lauren nods in response, "that's understandable. Have you ever been in the corner before?" She asks, keeping her voice soft so the girl knew she wasn't mad.

Camila shakes her head.

"Is that why you got upset? Because it wasn't what you expected?"

"I was just scared you were gonna stay mad at me. I didn't...I just...I wanted to hold me but i knew that wasn't possible because I was bad" Camila tearfully states.

Gently easing the girl up so she was sat up and facing her, Lauren takes her hands in her own, "You weren't bad sweetheart, you just made some bad decisions but it's all over now." She explains softly, looking into Camila's eyes to make sure she was being listened to before continuing, "I'm not mad at you either, I never was, I was just a little worried because I didn't know where you were"

A single tear falls down the small brunettes already wet cheek, "I'm sorry" she whispers, her bottom lip once again quivering.

Lauren shakes her head and reaches up to once again cup her cheeks, "you don't need to apologise again sweetheart, you've already done that and I've already forgiven you." She reassures, "Now, what to we do when she want to leave the house?"

"Ask you" Camila whispers immediately, swallowing the tightness in her throat.

Lauren nods, "good girl" she mumbles, looping her arms back round the girls waist before pulling her close.

Camila takes comfort in this and easily settles against the woman's chest. Her eyes close, but her tight grip still remains.

Not liking this, Lauren manoeuvres herself so she was sat facing the arm of the couch.

This action allowed for her to lay down, Camila on top of her, and she smiles softly when she feels her small frame settle against her.

Wanting to be sure she was comfortable, she begins to trail the hand that wasn't resting on the back of her head up and down her back, allowing her finger tips to graze the bare skin of her back every time her hand came down to the place where her shirt had rolled up.

She feels Camila shiver at the feeling, and she bites back her smirk wanting the moment to remain quiet and peaceful.

"Sleep sweetheart, I'll be here when you wake up, I promise"

**

So, do you guys want them to be a thing in this?

Oh, and chapters for this book will remain short until I get the motivation back to write longer chapters!

Next chapter: 200 votes

Thank you all for reading!