Chapter 66

Important Author's note: Okay! Hi everyone! I have a HUGE question to all of the readers who are invested in SLEEPSONG that I genuinely cannot answer by myself. You see, I'm not a typical romance writer. I am easily embarrassed by... well, intimate writing, and I always go for the more pure and fluffy romances, you know?

Let me explain.

I am not sure whether adding a... what's that word? Lemon? Or is it slash? No idea, but I'm on the fence about doing one. Basically, I'm contemplating adding an... intimate scene... but how I want to do that is up for grabs. I'm HEAVILY leaning towards an implied explanation -- you know, a vague drop-off with a killer line, most likely a cliffhanger after some intense lovey-dovey stuff.

After all, I don't want to ruin the wholesomeness of the overall story by adding writer-porn, but at the same time I'm not sure what people actually want because... well, I'm kind of a smol bean. So, I want to put it to a vote. My heart is cringing, but whatever the majority is, I will accept it.

Vote A: an eventual lemon and/or slash, with vivid descriptions.

Vote B: an eventual consummation of pure love that is heavily and irrefutably implied while keeping the overall story more romance-based and sorta PG-16 to PG-17 for all readers.

I, as the writer, am hoping people vote for option B... but, it's on all you lovely readers to decide since I have no idea what to do. Enjoy debating and the next chapter.

(Still keeping my fingers crossed for B.)

________________

Chapter Sixty Six

Sebastian had moved in with me.

Well, sort of.

Considering he was in Woody's house, it wasn't exactly accurate, especially since he hadn't exactly brought anything with him, either, but it was clear that he was hunkering down on Woody's territory. Five whole days had passed since we'd gone on our first date, but after that incredible night he hadn't actually left my side for more than an hour.

To summarize, he'd been with me for most of the week, which had been hectic and a little bizarre, but on the plus side a ton of good and fun stuff had happened, too.

Let me explain.

First off, he'd taken me to the doctor's appointment on Saturday, which had been a weird experience since I'd been carted in his arms to a hospital in a fairly distant city about an hour away, and I had then been introduced to his personal doctor, a very overweight but exceedingly jolly man with a salt-and-pepper mustache, nondescript features, and wispy brown hair.

His name, as I'd learned, was Dr. Rogar Einstein.

Yep, you did indeed read that right.

Einstein.

Like the famous not-all-there theoretical physicist who'd invented refrigerators Einstein.

During the examination I'd been given an MRI scan and had lain completely still in that bizarre flashing tube thingy with my very naked body slathered from head to toe in X-ray protectant cream. Ah, the thing about X-rays and fluorescent lights is that they expel ultraviolet radiation.

Which, as I've already explained, is something I'm allergic to.

Still. As a vampire.

Shocker right?