Chapter 52

"You are the definition of serenity, always so gentle and warm and soft."

Atharva's scars were slowly fading and he felt like he was finally free from the grip of Urvashi

Atharva's scars were slowly fading and he felt like he was finally free from the grip of Urvashi. Obviously, he couldn't erase the memories of her but he could now create new memories with Aahana and focus on the present.

He was more confident. He smiled often and his eyes weren't dull anymore. Aahana noticed the change as well and she was happy to see him happy. But even now she would say she didn't mind his scars. In fact, he was gorgeous in every way and she loved him for who he was.

The night was the only time that brought them close, together. They slept less and spent more time with Atharva expressing his love for Aahana. They didn't cross their comfort zone but now they were anxious to know what it felt to go beyond the limits and boundaries.

Since Aahana had fired Gita, she was doing the cooking and cleaning herself. She could have taken Nisha's help but she didn't want to be questioned about it. She had decided to skip office for a few days till she found another maid, probably someone more focused on work than on her husband. She had already given the ads on the internet, now all she had to do was wait for a response.

"Aahana, you sure you'll be fine alone?" Atharva asked, adjusting his tie around his neck as he looked at himself in the floor-length mirror.

"Yes, I know the house is huge, but I can handle it for a few days," she said, coming to stand beside him.

He nodded and planted a kiss on her forehead. "Okay, take care. I'll have to go now."

She nodded back at him, smiling. "Sure, see you later." She locked the main door and headed to the living room to switch on the music player. She was home alone since Harshavardhan had gone out with the elder neighbors to the park for their usual Thursday get-together, and Nisha left just earlier to the boutique.

So what better than some good music and cooking? She hummed along with the tune and made her way to the kitchen. This reminded her of the time she had spent alone right after marriage when Atharva had blatantly ignored her. It was so boring but now, this right here gave her an immense amount of peace.

Things had changed drastically within a span of one year and she couldn't ask god for something else. Agreed Atharva was detached and cold in the beginning but that was just a facade to hide the most loving and caring heart. That man was a big softie and she was glad to have not made any impromptu decision and divorced him. Otherwise, she would have forever regretted it.

She heard the doorbell ring and she frowned, walking towards the door. Who could it be at this time because dad was not going to arrive until evening? She opened it and her eyes widened when she saw Atharva. He leaned in to kiss her cheek and walked past her to the kitchen.

"What are you doing here?" Aahana questioned him after overcoming the initial shock as she followed him.

"Mhmm, it smells really good. I'm starving." He grinned at Aahana, but when she didn't respond, he sighed and turned to look at her. His arms locked around her waist and he pulled her closer to his chest. She automatically placed her hand on his chest and raised her brow.