Chapter One Hundred - He Is My Husband!

Author's note; It's so much more real than 'part 100'! So to celebrate the change, I will change the cover! After all, it's so much more cute than mine! For those who didn't share the 'glory' of my art work, I've posted it above as remembrance.

"Is the Queen really after us?" Luck asked as the shuttle flew towards the cold, stone planet and source of all their troubles.

"Actually, I stretched the truth a little, Luck, sorry," Guran apologised. "If I am right, she is actually after Law."

"Why?" The twins asked simultaneously.

"Have you not been chased by a woman in almost every world since I met you?" Guran teased and kissed him on the lips.

"Am I just too irresistible?" Law asked as he curled his arms about the young man and buried his head into his shoulder. Luck flushed and turned his eyes aside. "But seriously, that has been very annoying. When all I have ever wanted was you." Guran laughed and returned his warm hug. This was the first time he had been taller than his lover, it was a new experience to hold him and be held this way. Of course, he was still a boy. If they had more time...

"Do you think they will be mad at us?" Luck asked aloud as he guided the shuttle towards the coordinates Guran had given him.

"Of course they will," Law snorted. "We can just make it up to them later. I just needed a little more time with Guran, that was all. After all, he's taking all this risk for everyone. Thank you, by the way, Luck." His twin smiled warmly, burying that slight ache in his heart once more. He couldn't help these illogical feelings, after all, but no matter, he and Law could not be separated in this lifetime.

"It's time for me to go," Guran said, tightening his hold for a moment and imprinting his lover's warmth upon his body before separating. He zipped up the protective suit over his body and sealed the helmet, which would provide him with air.

"Come back safe," Law said as he watched him head into the back. The doors separating the front of the shuttle from the rear sealed. Guran was encased by his chips into a lifepod as the rear of the shuttle was exposed to the airless atmosphere of the planet. The pod shot towards a fissure in the rock.

Luck closed the hatch and hovered for a moment, before flying away from the planet at speed. Law almost lost his balance as he made his way back to his seat. "Shit, Luck," he exclaimed. "What was that all about?!"

"We've been spotted," Luck advised and pointed at the rear sensors where a long ribbon of chips was rapidly closing in on them.

*****

The Megalith was not shy about burning its inner resources in order to answer the summons and capture the King. It was less than an hour after Guran's initial warning and less than twenty minutes since they had left the ship in the shuttle when it's presence appeared on long range sensors.

"Fuck, it's at least as big as the first one!" Maerlon cursed.

"Where are the boys?" Jezmi demanded.

"They have just reached the atmosphere of the planet and appear to be preparing to jettison Guran's pod," an ensign advised as he watched the hatch open.

"Hail them," Jezmi said, "tell them they need to return and then intercept their flight path."

The woman on the comms shook her head. "Sorry, ma'am," she told her. "There appears to be some sort of interference."