Part 21

Author's POV

"He sent you a letter," the boy in butler's outfit uttered, handing the princess an envelope.

"You know I'm not supposed to be reading that, right, Joonie?" She turned away.

It's been years since she last exchanged letters with Jungkook and got caught by her mother. She never read his letters after that incident. However, Namjoon received them secretly and always asked her to at least look at them, to which she would refuse sternly.

He sighed. "Yes, but I think you should read this one, Y/N. Or I might not be able to forgive myself if you don't."

She gulped as she thought for a moment.

It has been so long that she started to feel guilt and regret every time she threw away his little messages.

She couldn't bring herself to throw away another one.

She hesitantly took it and opened it.

A horrified expression made its way to her face as she was reading it, and she quickly stood up and left her room.

Y/N opened the door to the hall room where her parents were and ran to them.

"Mom, dad, we need to help Jungkook! Roweth is in disaster right now, and the kingdom is poverty-stricken and deprived of resources. You should tell the other kingdoms to stop neglecting them. Please..."

They didn't lift up their heads.

Her father closed his eyes and heaved a sigh.

"You're exchanging letters again? What did I say about contacting him?!" He reprimanded her.

She froze for a moment but gathered her courage again.

"If I didn't, I wouldn't have realized Roweth's situation as of now. They're on the verge of destruction!"

"You do understand that this was the result of their foolishness, right? If they didn't rise up against us, they wouldn't have suffered such misfortune."

She took further steps towards them.

"Still, we must save them! Please show them mercy and make the others offer them some resources," she pleaded with painful expression.

Her mother turned to her. "I'm afraid we can't do that. Pulling a whole kingdom out of poverty and starvation is extremely costly. Plus, the others should know just what results such a policy would lead to."

She couldn't believe what she just heard.

[A/N: Please say sike lol]

"Are you kidding me?! People are dying out there and you're just gonna sit here and not give a single care? Because you want to punish them?!" She yelled now, disappointed and angry at her own parents for acting so inhumane.

"Believe me, if we could have saved them, we would've done it a long time ago... After all, they were our friends..." her father's voice seemed strained.

"No... you're lying. If you really cared about them, you would exhaust all of our resources until the last bit... You're only thinking about our kingdom. You're abandoning them." She choked on her sobs.

Her parents looked down at the floor.

At this point, they didn't know what to do.

For them, the well-being of their own kingdom came first more than anything. But they regretted not being there for their friends even if they rose up against them because of their clashing views.

It was complicated.

"We can't let our emotions make decisions, Y/N."

She felt useless.

She couldn't do anything to help her husband and his people.

She hated herself.

What should I do Jungkook?

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Meanwhile in Roweth...

"Your Highness, I'm so sorry for your loss..."

Jungkook's gaze was fixed on the cold bodies laying on the bed. His mind blank and his heart frozen.

His voice was lost, he couldn't utter a single word.

He lost his hope. He lost his warmth.

He lost his everything.

Only void remained in the place where nothing but love resided.

Then, he became blind.

He became blind with hatred and craved revenge. His thoughts became occupied with killing and that's what he pursued.

He took control.

A/N: An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💖