A Few FAQs

Why did you kill off Cee?
This always makes me laugh, because I never made a conscious decision to let her die - I never thought "ah yes this is a wonderful plot twist" - organised crime has no happy ending in my mind, and I wanted that to be the case in my story. Cee never had self defence training, never followed orders and was far too impulsive - I couldn't write her survival because it would feel like a lie.

Will there be a sequel?
Unfortunately, I don't think there will be. I can't write Niccolò without Cee, and although I was considering a backstory for Elias, I never found myself desperate to write more.

Will you write other books?
This one I definitely know the answer to: yes. This has been an amazing experience for me - I've been offered money to sell this book to another website even - and I have always loved writing. I want to write something one day that I'll be proud of.

Why haven't you got anything else on your profile?
I found this experience difficult too. A lot of people write a lot of comments that I find upsetting, along the lines of "reading Niccolò was a waste of time". I'm very rarely active on wattpad to respond to people, but I still read every comment. I just feel a bit overwhelmed with how much people care - either negatively or positively - and if I was posting another book, I'd want it to be perfect for every single person (which is impossible).
Currently I'm writing a book which doesn't really fit the Wattpad demographic, or the type of stories that people like. Maybe one day you'll see it in book stores.

As always, anyone is welcome to message me to ask anything else, and I'll keep adding to this list as time goes on

E.J