11 ||

•° ✿ °•

You listened.

You listened to every word.

Every detail.

"I don't know why." He would often say.

He didn't understand, but you did.

Clueless, he seems.

You smiled at that.

He was confused.

"Is there something funny?" He asks.

You shake your head.

.

"Whenever I'm with Chaemin, I keep getting this empty feeling."

"The more I held on to her, the more I felt like letting go."

"I feel guilty every time I look into her eyes and I see myself, yet I wonder if she figured out she wasn't in mine."

"Then, there's you."

"You always make me feel stupid."

"I don't understand why you always haunt my mind."

All those sentences came from his mouth.

He didn't understand.

He probably still doesn't.

But you do.

You were happy to hear it come from him.

.

"Wonpil, have you opened up to anyone about this?" You ask.

"No, I was afraid." He simply mumbles.

You shake your head, a smile on your lips as you place a hand on his shoulder. He couldn't resist your eyes. He stares and allows himself to get lost in them. 

"You should." You tell him.

He nods.

"I will."

You give him a soft smile before pecking his cheek and leaving the dorm. Wonpil could still feel your lips on his heated cheeks, which only frustrated him more. Without hesitation, he marches toward the living room a little intense where the rest of his friends were.

"I have something I want to talk about!" He shouts, startling all four figures.

They exchange looks before looking at the keyboardist. Wonpil stood with pleading eyes, heart waiting to be freed and burden longing to be eased off his shoulders. Finally, the four boys nod and drop everything, surrounding the seemingly lost boy.

"What is it?" Jae asks.

"(y/n)." He simply replies without uncertainty.

The four boys smile.

"It's about time."

Now, Wonpil was confused. He watches the four boys exchange high fives, celebrating among themselves. With a tilt of his head, Wonpil thought, "(y/n) makes them this happy too?". He was glad the boys harbor positive feelings toward his friend, but selfishness and jealousy bubbled within him as well. 

"What about her then?" Sungjin asks, catching Wonpil's attention.

"I think I finally get it." Wonpil smiles sheepishly.

"Do tell." Brian urges, patting the seat next to him for Wonpil to take.

Wonpil does as told. He feels like he should've done this a long time ago. He needed a heart-to-heart talk with his brothers, who knew him better than he knew himself. The boys nod from time to time, listening to his every word intently. Wonpil was glad to see the small smiles on their faces as he opened up about everything - from Chaemin, to his feelings, to you.

"What's the bottom line then?" Sungjin asks, awaiting confirmation.

"(y/n) is a best friend I don't ever want to lose." Wonpil had a huge grin on his face.

'Best friend...?' Jae repeats in his head.

The eldest male exchanges a look with the rest of the boys who share the same look of confusion on their faces. Wonpil's smile drops at their sudden change of expression. With a small voice, he asks them if he did anything wrong but Dowoon shakes his head.

"(y/n) is such a great best friend, isn't she?" Dowoon asks his hyung, to which Wonpil nods.

"A best friend is definitely better than a girlfriend."

°•. ✿ .•°