Chapter 33

Natalie's POV

The Next Morning~

"So, you're okay now and you won't have a breakdown if you see another infant?" Lucy questioned while eyeballing me cautiously as Aiden squeezed my hand firmly.

"I'm sure I can do this as long as Aiden's here." I stated as Lucy glanced over at Valentina before nodding. "But, are you sure Stella and Yuki will be up this early?" I inquired while checking the time on my watch as it was a quarter past nine.

"She's the one who called me and was freaking out about your breakdown. So, I'm a hundred percent sure that she's awake, aware, and anxious to see if you are okay." Lucy stated as a nurse walked out of the entrance to the hospital and past us. "Ready?"

"I'm ready." I stated while squeezing Aiden's free hand back as he held Raigh-lee in his other arm. She looked around the entrance curiously without a word before looking down at me. "What is it, darling?" I questioned as she pointed at the sliding doors while we walked through them.

"Door?" She questioned as I smiled up at her and nodded while Lucy and Valentina led the way. "Auntie?" She pointed at Valentina this time as I nodded. As Raigh-lee continued to look around in utter curiosity, we entered an elevator that had just opened up on our floor. I firmly squeezed Aiden's hand as the closer we got to her floor, the more my heart raced. Why was I so nervous? I was slightly okay just awhile ago but now I feel like my heart is going to leap out of my chest.

"It's okay, love. You can do this." Aiden encouraged while leaning over and planting a firm kiss on my forehead. "You're a strong, beautiful woman. Don't let the past define you. We all had to learn from our past to grow." He stated while squeezing my hand back just as the elevator came to a stop and the doors opened. Aiden still gave me butterflies in my stomach.

After stepping out of the elevator, we slowly made our way down the hallway with silence following close behind. It didn't take long before we were standing in front of Stella's room. Taking a deep breath, I gently knocked on the door as the familiar voice greeted us in. Slowly turning the the door handle, we all stepped into the room as I noticed that only Stella and her baby were present.

"What happened to Yuki?" I questioned as Stella looked at me from her upright position before glancing over at the others.

"He went to go get some breakfast for us. Come come." She ushered while gently waving me towards her. "If it's alright, I'd like to talk with Natalie alone." She stated as the others looked at me before I nodded. Aiden gently lifted our entwined hands before pressing a kiss against my hand.

"I'll be outside this door if you need me." He stated as Raigh-lee looked from him to me before tugging on his shirt. Gently leaning Raigh-lee towards me, she pressed a soft kiss to my forehead like Aiden had previously did.

"It's okay, Mommy." She soothed with a smile on her face as I kissed her cheek before everybody left the room. Quietly turning back towards Stella, I noticed her smiling at me.

"Raigh-lee is so cute!" She quietly squealed as I went over and sat in the chair next to her bed. "Natalie, what's wrong? I know it's more than just looking at a newborn baby." Sighing, I looked at her and nodded. "If I guess what it might be, will you let me know if I'm right?" She inquired as I nodded again before she fell quiet. "Let's see, you avoided touching my baby and from what I've heard, you locked yourself in your room with Raigh-lee." She hummed as I raised a finger to correct her.

"I never locked the door. I just never answered it." I stated as she eyed me suspiciously. "What's your guess, Stella?"

"Have you been sick lately? Or craving anything?" She inquired as I nodded my head. "So, it's possible that you're..." She stopped before motioning me towards her as I leaned forward. "Pregnant." She whispered as I looked at her in questioning. "It all makes sense now. The way you reacted with my baby to the way you were at home. Could it be that you're scared?" She questioned with wide eyes as I sighed.

"I fear that it might be like how it was when I was pregnant with Raigh-lee. I fear that he might come back no matter how many times I tell myself that he's not." I stated, slightly fearful of what's to come before I felt a hand gently grasp mines.

"I'm not completely sure what all happened when you first found out about Raigh-lee but Aiden's not like that. You're not alone. You're safe." Stella soothed as I quietly sighed. "When do you plan on revealing the little one to everyone?" She questioned as I thought out my answer.

"Not yet. I want to make sure that it's safe."

[~~~]

Hello, lovelies!

It has been awhile since I've updated and I apologize for that. With school, holidays, and family drama, I couldn't find the time to write in a quiet place.

But, while I was away, I started working on future updates and new books. I'm so excited to publish a new book soon.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are preparing to end this year on a good foot!

Also, updates will either be weekly or bunched together when I can get to them. I have 2-3 hours left before the new year but I'm glad to have met you all and thank you so much for reading!

Andrea♥︎

P.S. That was a lot and I'm sorry for the short chapter!