WILL

Chapter 9: Will

"Come on," Mike ushered Tee into a seat as Lucas looked the AV club door. She was sat in front of a big machine.

"Now what?" Dustin asked as they crowded around Tee, she wasn't listening to them, she was focusing on what the machine was and how she could use it.

"She'll find him. Right, Tee?" Mike asks the girl as he begins to flick switches. She doesn't reply, listening in for sound waves she could connect to.

The cracking continued, all she had to do was remember how to do it. Her mind flashed back to the first time she had - the lab.

She was sat in a cold seat with a thin hospital gown on, her head was being monitored by a machine as Papa got her a glass of water. Her eyes were frozen on the photo Papa put in front of her of a man.

"Twelve? Are you listening?" Papa asked as he put down the water and sat next to Tee. Her knees were to her chest as she watched the paper, "That man before you... I need you to find him."

"H-Hurt him?" She asked, scared. It wouldn't be the first time she had to do something like that. She was powerful, powerful enough to kill and the lab had used that many many times.

"No," he shook his head slightly, seeing the fear in her eyes, "No, I don't want you to hurt him." He moved the paper closer to the girl who had goosebumps on her arms. "I want you to listen to him."

"L-Listen?" She asked quietly, her voice croaky and scratchy due to how little she talked.

"Yes," papa spoke quietly, putting Ik his hand on her shoulder, "I want you to listen to what he says and repeat his words back to me." He tells her, pointing at the picture, "Just like we used to with those old nursery rhymes."

His hand moved from Tee's shoulder to her hand, grasping her attention as she saw him smile wide at her, "Do you remember? Hmm? Do you think you can do that for me?"

Tee nodded slowly, her head barely moving, "Mmm-hmm."

"Good," Papa whispered, he pushed her closer to the photo gently and Tee grabbed his hand for a sense of comfort.

She stared at the photo, her breathing hitching slightly as her eyes closed and she focused on the man, trying to find sound waves he was connected to, "Begin. Amulet. Frigid. Evolve. Airplane." His voice spoke in her mind.

"Twelve? Repeat the words," Papa spoke when all of the sudden all the power went out, but before he could move, the intercom in the room roared, the man's voice flooding through it.

"Apricot. Peninsula. Game. Enchantment. Mouse. Balloon."

She just had to do that. She closed her eyes as Dustin, Lucas, Mike and El watch her as the crackling gets louder.

"She's doing it. She's finding him!" Mike whispers, excited to hear his friends voice again.

"This is crazy," Dustin says with a wide smile.

"Calm down. She just closed her eyes," Lucas tells them with an eye roll, annoyed by their antics. Before any of them can speak again, the light above them shatters, turning off completely and putting them in darkness.

"Holy..." Dustin mumbles. They hear a repeating banging sound coming from the radio and Crain their heads to all listen in. "What is that?"

"Mom?" They hear Will's voice and their eyes all widen.

"No way!" Lucas whispers in shock and astonishment, he can't believe it. Will is alive - mike was right.

"Mom-" Wills voice cried out again, "Mom!"

"Will, it's us! Are you there?" Mike screams as he presses the button to talk, desperate to save his friend.

"Can you hear us? We're here!" Dustin shouts over Mike's shoulder.

"Hello?" Will cries out, "Mom?"

"Why can't he hear us?" Lucas asks the boys.

"I don't know!" Mike snaps, annoyed and confused too. They all wanted will back desperately.

"Mom? Mom!" They hear his voice again, "Mom... Mom, it's coming! It's like home, but it's so dark It's so dark and empty. And it's cold! Mom? Mom!" His voice cries out in pain and sorrow - he wants to go home. The boys eyes fill with tears at the cries and screams of their best friend..

"Mom, please!" Theres a moment of Will sobbing as his feet run before the whole machine sparks and goes up in flames. Tee's eyes open, but as soon as they do roll back into her head. El catches her as she begins to fall from her seat.

The fire alarm begins to ring as Dustin puts it out with the canister provided in the room.

"El, is she okay?" Mike asks as El holds the unconscious girl. she had blood coming out of her nose and her face was slightly purple.

"Sleeping," El says in worry, Mike grabs one of Tee's arms as El stared at him.

"Here, help her up," Mike tells Lucas who grabs her other arm, Dustin grabs her feet. They lifted her onto a little cart used for books and whatnot and began to wheel her down an empty hall - all the kids already outside. "This way!" Like called at the boys as they wheeled Tee behind him - heading back home with a new hope of finding Will.