Chapter 34

WARNING: This chapter contains some surprises that may break your heart. Read with a cautious mind...

~~

Antonio

I'd always looked for danger.

Always pursued danger.

Always felt the urge to chase down the Devil and take his advice. Allow myself to become part of his evil — and his evil part of me.

I had always adored blood on my fingertips. Lives that I had taken away — innocent lives that were never meant to be taken so quickly. It gave me pride to know that I was powerful enough to fight against the universe and dare to pass boundaries that many would cower at.

Like him.

Like them.

The Bellini generation had always cowered at the boundaries that the universe held infront of them. They'd always been powerful men — there was no doubt about that — but their weakness was their hearts. They held love and compassion for the world. Though they would immediately torture anyone that got in their way — they would never murder for their own enjoyment.

Whereas I thrived on my own pleasure when I took lives.

It was part of who I was.

And nobody could ever take that away from me.

Especially women.

The thought of marriage and committing myself to some useless woman made me laugh. How could any man allow some weak woman to reign over them?

Women were controlling. Men were superior. And they would always be the strong ones. But some men chose to follow their women. Fall deeply in love with them and lose all their strength. For what? For some woman that they claim they adore.

I scoffed to myself. Adoration for power... that's worth fighting for.

Alessandro adored Elena.

She was his universe. But now? Now his universe had been replaced by Eva.

And Elena doesn't even surface in his mind anymore. That's why falling in love with women is all some illusion.

Alessandro never loved Elena — otherwise he would have never considered Eva.

And he doesn't love her. All it takes is some other woman to waltz into his life and Eva would be gone. Replaced... and then I could take her.

Take her away from that Estate and keep her inside my land. Torture her until she couldn't breathe; force the Bellini secrets out of her throat and then I would kill her. End her useless life once and for all.

The thought made me smirk to myself.

She was what I wanted.

And I always got what I wanted.

A sudden knock on the door caused my body to jolt in shock.

"Yes?" I barked with my eyes rolling in annoyance.

"Boss?" One of my less-important men peered inside my office. I raised my eyebrow at him in a demanding manner — commanding him to tell me what he wants.

"I found the information on Eva... the woman that-"

"Yeah, yeah, just give me what I need," I rushed with my hand waving up at him.

He thrusted the paperwork into my hands and bowed his head before scurrying out of my office and closing the door. I placed the information on my desk and looked over at what I had — placing the glass on the table and slipping the cigarette between my teeth.