13. Just Make Sure You Don't End Up With Two Boyfriends

All I could dream about last night was Eddie and how he kissed me. It's crazy to think that I, of all people, kissed someone. When I'm up, I grab my phone and go into Instagram and message Thomas about what happened last night. He tells me to FaceTime him immediately.

I go into FaceTime and find Thomas' contact and press call. Thomas answers with a squeal. I cover my ear with my right hand. This guy is crazy.

"Oh, my god!" he shrieks. On the screen, he's not wearing a shirt; nothing I haven't seen before. He never sleeps with a shirt on. "Your first kiss!"

"Yep," I nod, hiding my face behind my hand.

"That's super exciting!" Thomas squeals again. His mum and neighbours must think he's a great alarm. "Tell me all about it."

I tell Thomas everything; the way Eddie ran his hands up and down my thighs, how he played with my hair, ran his hands down my back, how my stomach was fluttering... everything. He nods along and squeals some more. I swear his neighbours are going to file a noise complaint. Eventually his fangirling gets too much for his mother and she barges into Thomas' room.

"Oi," she booms. Thomas' face whitens and he turns so all I can see is the side of his face. "Stop squealing like a pig, Thomas. It's about six in the morning and the neighbours are going to complain. You're so loud!" Apparently, Paula and I have the same train of thought. "Honestly, why are - oh, hello, Martina." Paula comes into view, wearing her dressing gown, looking tired.

"Hi, Paula," I wave.

"Hi," she says again. "Hunger overpowers my manners this morning; I'm going to be rude and make myself some breakfast. Have a great day."

"OK, see ya," I say. Paula gives me a sweet smile and messes Thomas' hair on her way out the door.

I wait a few seconds after the door is completely closed to ask, "Have you told her yet?"

Thomas hesitates. "About what?"

"You know what," I give him a sympathetic look.

"Not yet," he sighs and runs a hand through his hair. It gets stuck in one of his curls. "I will, though. I'm thinking either this morning or tonight. I think I'm ready."

"OK," I smile at him. "That's good. I'm glad you're ready."

"I'm just so nervous," a frustrated groan escapes Thomas' lips. He ducks his head and rubs his face.

"Hey," I furrow my eyebrows and click at Thomas. He looks up at me and I continue talking. "She'll love you just the same, alright?"

"I know," Thomas says. "It's just I keep thinking that I'm wrong and that she won't see me the same way. I don't want her to be disappointed in me."

"How is being bisexual going to make her disappointed in you?" I ask. "It won't."

"I guess," Thomas mumbles.

"OK," I check the time. "I'd better go. I'll see you at school. Good luck if you decide to tell her this morning."

"Thanks. See ya," Thomas hangs up. I sigh. This must be really hard for him. I wish I could be more helpful and supportive but I also wish he would just see my side of things and go for it. Paula won't see him differently. She probably already suspects he's bisexual. Mother's are psychic like that.