60. the press conference

ummmmmm......^^^
————————————————————————

Ella stared at herself in the mirror. Ironing her dress with her hands, she tried to smile as best she could. It was one of those creepy moments where she was practicing smiling to see if she could do it for real.

There were too many people in her life to think about, alone time was all she wanted recently. Even though Timothée followed her everywhere, she begged him to stay in the other room while she dressed for her night.

In the other room: Lexie, Mia, Tara, Matt and Timothée all waited for her. Mia's legs were shaking with nerves. None of them knew what to expect from the following evening, no one had any idea what she was going to say.

Ella opened the door a fraction and peered at all her friends who were a shaky mess. She opened it a bit more and watched Timothée's head snap up. She motioned for him to come in so he scrambled to his feet and jogged towards her.

"Ella...wow." He stopped in his tracks when he saw her but she did the same. He was wearing a light blue suit with pink roses embroidered over it.

"T, you're gonna show me up looking like that." She let out a loose smile as he walked towards her, completely ignoring her compliment and focusing on constructing his own.

"You're so beautiful." He gasped, holding out his hands and staring at her whole image. She hated his eyes on her so she took his hands and pulled him close to her so his eyes were on her face and not her body.

"So I look okay then?" She placed a cold hand on his cheek which sent shivers all over over him, raising every hair he had.

"You look more than okay." It took all his power not to scoop her up and kiss her hard but he knew she didn't want that. Little did he know that she was wondering at the very same moment whether she could kiss him without bursting into tears all over again. She couldn't take the risk, having just done her make up. "Come on then." He sliced the tension right up and stepped back from her. Ella closed her eyes for a second.

"Let's go." She said when she opened them, he intertwined their hands and led her out of the room.

Everyone stood up when she entered, all their breaths being taken away. She didn't look anyone in the eye, just gathered everything she had and walked towards the door.

She could feel everyone's eyes on her, even when they had small talk she knew there was an infinitesimal part of their minds thinking about it. Not Timmy though, his eyes were on everyone but her. He was looking at everyone looking at her.

They arrived at the hotel not long after they left, Mia and Tara on each of Ella's arms. Timothy following behind with Lexie and Matt.

They escorted her directly into the hotel where she would be giving her press conference. Ella started to hyperventilate when all the flashing lights went off and she fast walked up the stairs and into the lobby.

Timothée pushed past the crowd inside, fighting all the guests to try and get to her but she was inaccessible. Mia and Tara escorted her into the back room that gave her access to the stage while Timothée's manager grabbed him to take photos.

Ella sat politely on a single dinner chair in the room while everyone hustled around her. Everything was going wrong, she could tell, but no one was saying anything to her.

It had been a good ten minutes before she realised that Timmy was not among the people who were stressing around her.

"Ella." Mia's voice startled her. "It's time." She confessed.