61. chambon sur-lignon

The suns heat smacked Ella in the face when she arrived at Timothée's family home in France. It was much bigger than everyone expected.

Everyone gathered in the hallway, Ella felt dizzy at the tall ceilings and stone walls that surrounded her. She loved France, it felt like home to her but this was so clearly Timothée's home. She could feel him in the walls and air.

Eventually people rushed around her, picking rooms and dragging suitcases around while she just stared at all the intricate things in the house. Houses in France were so very different from any in London.

"Elle, c'est bon non? It's good, no?" Timmy grinned as he walked to her from what seemed to be the kitchen.

"C'est parfait. It's perfect." She replied. Timmy started to see the old her appear again and he liked it.

"Come on, I'll show you to your room" he grabbed her bags and led her up the stairs into the huge hallway where everyone was finding rooms. He pointed to a large wooden door on their right, "That ones mine." Then he walked to the one next to it and unlocked it. "This one's yours. Here's the key." He handed her the metal key and opened the door for her.

The room was beautiful, it had hard wood floors and stone walls. The walls were covered in paintings, most of landscapes and flowers.

"Do you like it?" Timmy asked, Ella nodded and stood by the window. She stared at the pool at the back and the gardens below.

"You grew up here?" She asked, he shrugged.

"Spent summers here mostly but yeah." He replied, putting her bags on the bed and moving a few things around.

"It's beautiful." She complimented. He felt a small glimmer of pride in his heart which he couldn't hide so he grinned widely.

"Great. So dinner's at seven and you can do whatever you want until then." Timmy edged his way out of the room, her smile glaring into her.

She zipped her suitcase open as soon as Timmy left and stripped down to nothing. Before she dug around for her swimsuit, she stared at herself in the mirror, running her hands over her stomach and arms. It was so foreign to her, it was the body of someone she didn't know anymore.

She put on her bikini, some shorts and a lot of sun lotion before looking at herself again. Her mood lifted slightly but not by much.

Timmy lounged on a sun lounger while all his friends splashed and played in the pool. Once in a while a drop of water would fly onto him and sizzle as he baked. He only opened his eyes when he heard wolf whistles and yelling from the pool.

Ella walked out, laughing at them and doing a little spin which earned even louder cheers. She just laughed and covered her face as she ran over to Timmy.

He just gawked at her and everyone saw. Lexie grabbed onto Matt's neck to get a better view of Timmy trying not to drool as Ella sat next to him and started to chat.

"Lexie, she's glowing. Stop watching." Matt said into her neck, leaving kisses all over it. She moved her eyes to his and kissed him softly. He hummed as she kissed him. "Kiss me again." He said with his eyes closed. Lexie giggled and leant down to kiss him again.

"I hope they get back together." She sighed as she rested her hands on his shoulders.

"They both love each other. I don't see why it won't happen." He looked over at them. Ella was laughing while Timmy just grinned at her. "He's so romantic and charming, he'll win her back no problem."

Mia was sat on the side of the pool with her feet dangled in, her husband Stanley was in the pool stood in front of her. Stanley and Mia were like Ella's guardians now. They had such a strong protection over her ever since she arrived at their door after the Milo situation.