Chapter 50

Warning ⚠️ Mature Audiences Only

         It's been days and Nadia still has yet to answer her phone. She's purposefully reading my text messages with out responding—which is odd.

I tried to rack my brain to figure out if I did anything wrong and came up with nothing. The team had a home game Monday night and I admit I was kind of distracted—but once I got on the field, I fell right back into focus. Our team came up with the win which was fairly easy.

This win really sealed the deal, us coming first in the NFC division—next two games meant I'd have less playing time to protect me from potential injury before playoffs.

"You good?" Chris asked me as we entered the locker room after the game.

"Yeah I'm fine" I said putting on a smile. Once I got off the field, it was like I was back in my mood again wondering about Nadia.

The girl I love is ignoring me, so no I'm not fine.

I went to my locker to grab my things in preparation for a shower. I was extremely hot and sweaty and I was dying to get these pads off. I wasn't in the mood to partake in the celebration going on in the middle of the locker room as my other team mates, including Tevin, cheered for our making the playoffs.

Coach came in the room shortly after during the celebration to give a speech. I turned around from my locker making sure to give Coach my undivided attention.

"I'm so proud of you guys, y'all worked hard out there. This isn't the end though, we still gotta stay in focus. Yes, we are in the playoffs again—but now we have to set our eyes on the prize-"

"Good game" Luke said beside patting my back with a huge smile on his face. Coach was still going off on a tangent.

"Uh yeah thanks" I said forcing out a smile.

"You good bro?" He asked his eyebrows crinkling inward. He's the second person to ask me that—was it that obvious.

"You just don't look to excited that we made the playoffs" he laughed lightly

"I'm extremely happy don't get me wrong, I just have other things on my mind"

"Alright then" he nodded

"-I'm proud of you guys and you've put in so much work. That's all I have to say, I'll be leaving you to get dressed and shower. That's all" he finished as everyone clapped whooping and hollering as he left the room. The second he left, it got extra rowdy.

Removing my jersey and pads, I grabbed my things and headed to the bathroom for a shower.

Through the next couple of days, I had attempted to call Nadia and the more she ignored the angrier I got.

I was extremely surprised when she finally answered after what felt like trying forever to get ahold of her.

"Nadia! Jesus, I've been calling you for days! I've been texting you and you keep leaving me on read, like what the fuck?!" I semi-yelled into the phone