eighteen.

A/N: thank you so much for 22k reads. as this story comes to an end soon, I've had such an amazing time writing:) thank you for your support xo - nells
++
PLAY SONG AT THE TOP FOR THE CHAPTER.
++
Five more days now..

Johnny threw paint at me. I gasped. "You ass!" I screamed throwing paint back at him. I slipped on the paint that coated the paper covered floor.

He watched me come in contact with the ground and let out a light laugh. "You clumsy idiot." He smiled. He came down and helped me up.

He looked at me and leaned in. I thought he was going to kiss me but rubbed paint on my face instead. "Oh my god. You're so annoying." I rolled my eyes.
+
I was helping Johnny repaint his room. He wanted to go for a blue room, but then he suddenly asked what my favorite color had been.

I told him green, and next thing you know green splotches of paint covered our clothes. "John, you didn't have to paint your room green just for me." I sighed.

"Well I wanted to and I'm not changing it." He smiled continuing to paint. I watched him as his hand worked against the brush. His smile bright and beautiful. A smile I never knew I would own.

He looked at me. "Stop staring you weirdo." I grabbed the paint brush and went back to work.
+
"John! Kenzie! Come downstairs and eat." His mom had called out. We looked at each other and laughed.

Johnny led me down the stairs towards the kitchen. "Can me and Kenz eat upstairs?" He asked. His mom looked up. Her eyes widened. "What were you using to paint? A paint gun?"

We laughed again. "Sorry." Johnny spoke. His mom gave us two bowls. "Thank you Ms. Orlando." I smiled and bowed a little. "No problem angel."

We went back upstairs and sat on his bed with a towel under us refraining from getting paint onto his covers.

"My mom seems to like you." He says stuffing his face with spaghetti. I wasn't eating. "Yeah she does." I smiled.

Was I really about to end my life before my birthday? I was about to turn seventeen years old. I'm leaving behind my mom who's already hurting from my father's death.

My sister who's changed her ways and decided to be involved in my life, and a boyfriend who loves me so much, and now I'd hurt him.. god.

"Babe, why aren't you eating?" He says putting his bowl down. "What are you thinking about?" He wiped his mouth.

My heart started beating incredibly fast. I was having a panic attack. I looked around, the world spinning. Everything felt like it was floating.

I tried to get up, nearly tripping. "Woah, woah. Babe." I heard a muffled voice.

"John." Was the last thing that left my mouth before I fell to the ground.

"Mackenzie!"
++
Johnny's POV.

I shook her continuously. "Mackenzie.. Mackenzie!" I yelled. "Fucking wake up! Stop playing around."

I tried to tickle her. She wouldn't move. Mackenzie's one of the most ticklish people I know, and she's not moving.

"Fuck."

"Mom!" I screamed. Foot steps were heard running up the stairs. "What's wrong-" My moms eyes went to Kenzie"s body.

She bent down next to her. "What's wrong with her! What did you guys do!?" She yelled. I shook my head tears flowing out of my eyes. "I didn't do anything mom!"

"Call her mom!" I grabbed Mackenzie's phone and put in my finger print. As soon as the phone unlocked I went into her contacts.

Her mom was the first contact. It read, "I'll miss you." God kenzie what the hell. I thought looking at her while the phone rang.
++
The ambulance had came taking Mackenzie on the stretcher. Her mom followed them outside. I ran down the stairs outside to the truck watching them load her in.

"I wanna come!" I yelled. Mackenzie's mom looked at me. "Johnny..-" I shook my head. "I wanna go." I said crying.

She nodded, "Okay, come on." She said holding my hand as we got into the truck. I looked at my mom and nodded.

I sat down next to Kenzie and held her hand. Her skin was pale. I held onto her warm hand, "I love you." I said lowly.
++
They unloaded her into the building. "Move! Move!" They screamed through the hallways.

They pushed her into a room. "Sir your going to have to wait." They told me. I shook my head, "I need to be there with her please." My heart breaking.

"Sir." They told me.

I looked down holding the matching rings Mackenzie and I had. "Please be okay." I said rubbing it while a tear fell onto the ground.

I crouched onto the floor letting out cries. Mackenzie's mom kneeled down with me. "She's going to be okay honey. She's strong."

She pulled me close.