Chapter Eighteen | I Stall You, You Stall Me

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: Stay by Rihanna

Not really sure how to feel about it, Something in the way you move,Makes me feel like I can't live without you.It takes me all the way,I want you to stay.

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

           CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - I STALL YOU, YOU STALL ME

     I HUFF, SPEED WALKING through the pathways between the graves in the cemetery. I keep my head down, pushing past humans giving their respects for the dead and keep my instincts alert for any familiar scent or voice.

    After that phone call, I had decided to go back to the Mikaelson Mansion to see if I could help with anything. Truthfully, I just wanted to keep busy so I would not be physically be able to think about Rose, Cathy and Duane. It was my fault that they turned against me, and I had no one to blame. It hurt too much.

     Much to my annoyance, no one was there. Hayley had disappeared, which meant that Rebekah was with her, since Klaus had more or less ordered his sister to tail her wherever she went. And if my instincts were correct, Hayley would have followed Sophie because, well, let's face it: Sophie was as stubborn as a mule and would most definitely go to the clearing to consecrate her witches. Which meant that the first place she would go to was the cemetery to stock up on witch ingredients.

     I mean, it is what I would do. Besides, I needed her stocked up if she was going to help me in the very hush-hush 'cause'. Power is everything nowadays. Especially in a city in which its different supernatural factions were waging quasi-wars against each other for the crown.

     God, it was like the Game of Thrones all over again.

     Seeing that it was daytime, there were quite a few humans stragglers, which was the main reason why I could not just break out into vampire speed. Also, I felt a bit queasy about using anything vampiric when unnecessary after talking to Duane. I don't know why. I just did.

      Pretty soon, I caught their scent. Unsurprisingly, all of them were in one room, arguing with other on whether to go or not. I stop at the entrance and take a breath before plastering a smirk on my face.

      "Looks like all of the dumbasses of the generation are gathered here." I drawl, strolling through the room, stopping at the centre. "Sophie, now that you've established your stubbornness let's finish this conversation and get going already." Sophie looks slightly surprised that I have agreed with her but zips up her bag anyway, following me to the entrance.