7. savior

Y/n was panting hard, yet she felt as if she couldn't breathe at all. She hugged her knees close to her chest with her back against the cold wall, her body trembling out of control and her hair a mess from running her hand through it a hundred times. Her surroundings, pure chaos. Shard of glasses scattered the bathroom floor that was soaked in crimson liquid. With tears clouded her vision, all she could see was nothing. All she felt was nothing. It was just numb. Everything felt so numb she couldn't even notice the pain from those blood gushing out of her cut foot. Last thing y/n remembered was those words she told at him, her savior. She told him love wasn't something a monster like him could understand. How could she say such thing?! God, he must hated her guts. That's okay, she hated herself to. Hated herself for hurting the only person who truly loved her, for being stupid enough to believe the sweet lies and give her heart to the wrong one. He warned her, Loki warned her Mike was going to break her heart, she didn't listen! Instead, she took his sincere concern the wrong way and ended up throwing a lamp at his face before running away without looking back. Her unforgivable crime, her bitter words and the look on Loki's face, they would haunt her for the rest of her life.

┈┈ ❋ ┈┈

The building was collapsing - her house - it was collapsing, and y/n was too scared to run, from under the bed, to safety. She had her hands pressed tightly against her ears in a fail attempt to block out the sounds of screaming, yelling, crying, gunshots and explosives being went off. She just wanted to escape this war between Avengers and HYDRA. The war she and the rest of innocent civilians had nothing to do with, yet they had no other choice but to experience this living nightmare taking place in board daylight in the middle of the city. God, I'm going to die. Y/n mentally cried out in fear. I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go!

Another loud boom shook the entire house, that was already collapsing, made y/n jump out of her skin and caused a scream to leave her mouth. At this point, she wished for all of this to be over with. The sooner, the better. She screamed again - when someone kicked the door open - then quickly covered her own mouth, thinking if she had just made a big mistake by giving away her hiding spot. Though it was no use. Her having a panic attack and breathing so heavily would alert anyone where she was from a mile away, anyway.

Loki looked around the room. Something inside him told him there was a person trapped inside, maybe it was a God instinct? He didn't know, he just had this feeling there was a soul waiting to be rescued. So here he was. It didn't take long at all for him to distinguish that sound of suppressed sobs over the sound of chaos raging on outside. It came from under the bed. Loki rushed to the spot, kneeled down and his eyes locked with those pair of teary brown orbs. She quickly averted her eyes once their gaze met. Looking at her all trembling in fear made something inside his chest ache. Poor thing. Loki never saw someone looked so horrified "Hey, hey, it's okay. It's okay. I'm here to help" He quickly said, with his hand automatically reached forwards, when he saw her scrambling away. The girl looked back at him, fear visible in her eyes "Let me help you" Loki's voice reassuring, his hand waiting for her to take.

Y/n knew who he was: Loki, brother of Thor. She heard he changed and was a good man now, now a part of the Avengers. But given her situation at the moment, she was terrified of anything and everything. That's why she was hesitating, every cell in her body was froze in fear.

"Darling, please, this place is falling apart. We need to go!" Loki tried reasoning. Surely, it would be a piece of cake for him to flip the bed over and get to her, but he didn't want to scared her even more. When the girl refused to take his hand, he tried another approach "I'm Loki. What's your name?" Loki tilted his head to the side a little. Few seconds later, a small voice coming from under the bed "Y/n..." She replied softly, and Loki gave her a warm smile "Y/n, listen, I know you're scared. But right now, I need you to take my hand. I promise I won't let anything happen to you. But I can't do it alone, if you don't help. Just take my hand, darling. It will be alright" His voice so comforting it actually made y/n believe it was all going to be okay, and it calmed the fear within her. With her eyes locked with his, she cautiously reached her shaky hand out and placed it on top of Loki's.