159. The Game's Begun

When the game officially began, every group went off running. I understand the logical reasoning behind all this as there were merely ten minutes that everybody could spread out and remain safe. In addition, this was like a race to different game locations on the map.

The group soon split off as everybody went their separate ways once they've reached the road and out of the parking lot of the PBS building. The ones who were fast and lucky were able to wave over a taxi that was driving by and quickly rode off with their cameraman in the taxi while their security team quickly followed using a police vehicle. As for the others, they simply had to continue on foot while distancing themselves from the other groups in order to find a taxi that they can ride to their mission objectives.

I simply matched my pace with that of Irina's as we ran. If I wasn't fettered by this paper wristband, I would've been able to go faster, but since we're connected by this fragile piece of paper, I didn't dare even have any tension being applied to it in fear of it tearing. Even though I would've preferred if this wristband were broken so I could head home for the night, since I have already agreed to Irina that I would be her partner for this game, I will do so until the very end. That is, I will accompany her until either we are inevitably forced eliminated from the game or if we made it until the very end and emerge victoriously.

"I don't see them," I commented when we finally stopped in our run away from the PBS building and onto the streets of the Palim district.

I looked over to the girl who was bound to me by this fragile paper wristband and holding onto my left hand with her right. She appeared quite fatigued from that brief run as she was gasping for air. However, I was breathing quite heavily too, but it wasn't to the point that I needed to stop to recover. As she rested, I kept my head up and surveyed my surroundings.

"Where do you wanna go first?" I asked her.

"Let's look at the map," Irina said as she reached into her pocket for the Sumsong phone that was handed to us by the production crew. "I think we should head over to mainland Palisia instead of staying on Palim."

"I think so," I agreed. "Other people will quickly take the opportunities in Palim."

"Let's get a taxi first then," Irina smiled. Then, she started leading me to the side of the road where a taxi was driving past. With her hand out, Irina gestured to the taxi and it responded by pulling to the curb. "Lumina Station please," she said to the taxi driver as she entered first with me following close behind her due to our close proximity.

I comfortably sat down and after I closed the door, the vehicle started moving. Looking up, I saw that the cameraman had entered and sat down on the front passenger seat by the driver and had the camera pointed in our direction at the back. In order to provide adequate lighting, the in-car lights were turned on.

"So right now our plans are to head first to Lumina," Irina smiled towards the camera and showed the viewers the map on her phone. "We think that the spots in Palim will quickly be taken so it would be best if we head to the mainland first so that we can have a head start there."

I stared at her, carefully moving my left hand with hers so that as she pointed to the viewers the wristband would not tear. I was quite surprised by her professionalism since this was a totally different person that I usually see in her. It's just... weird to see her like this, but... it's a side of her that I don't dislike. Rather, it's actually quite amusing to see her act this way. In addition, there's that special feeling of knowing that I am one of the few people that know who she truly was. The Irina before the camera was simply a persona of her's and that the real her. 

"So what're we going to do to keep the audience entertained while we drive?" I asked Irina as I glanced over at the viewer numbers which were dropping. "Other groups are probably completing games at the moment and most of our viewers are going to watch that."