13 - all the night through

Bill didn't go back on his promise. These past three months he had made sure that Dipper ate properly and that he didn't strain himself. They had made amazing progress, both of them, and it was still two months until Dippers 17th birthday.

Bill hadn't said this aloud, but he had gained feelings for Dipper. He wasn't sure what it was in the beginning, but he found a book named 'a guide for demons, human emotions' and he found a lot in it. For example, the emotion he had been feeling was commonly known as love. Bill didn't know when these feelings started to develop. Maybe it was when he had to take care of him, make sure that he didn't die in his coma, or maybe it was when he got to know him more. His likes and dislikes, his experiences. Dipper had confided all his secrets to Bill, and Bill had done so in return.

Dipper told Bill of all the bullying he had to endure at school, all the humiliations. He also confessed that he had had depression for a year, up until the coma of course. For some reason it had disappeared? Dipper didn't know how, but he was thankful. It felt like a big weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. Dipper found himself falling for the dream demon turned human.

"ack, Bill!" Dipper shouted, "you can't just pour water over me!" "I can, and I will!!" Bill shouted back. They had gotten into a pretty heated argument, and Bill wouldn't admit defeat. So, he did the most logical thing he could come up with at that moment.

"Fine" Dipper sighed, "but I'm not cleaning it up." Bill pouted and snapped his fingers, making all the water disappear.

"Thank you." Dipper said and yawned. "Aw, is my little Pinetree sleepy." Bill asked in a tone you often use on small children. "No" Dipper denied, shaking his head. He wasn't very convincing, considering that his eyes drooped more and more.

"Can we watch a movie?" Dipper asked hopefully, it was ages since the last time.

"Okay" nodding Bill went over to the living room with Dipper trailing behind. They made themselves comfy on the couch and set the movie on.

They both sat in silence and watched the movie. Dipper and Bill inched themselves closer and closer together gradually through the movie. It wasn't long before Dipper had cuddled up to Bill. Bill wasn't surprised, since this was something they did daily now. Bill draped his arm around Dipper, and started playing with his hair. This action made Dipper sleepy, and soon drifted off.

Dipper wouldn't want to admit this to Bill, but he hadn't slept well in a while. The only time Dipper seemed to get a good night's sleep was if he was sleeping right next to the demon. They had separate bedrooms, which meant that Dipper had to suffer through the nights alone.

When Bill started hearing soft snores coming from Dipper, he paused the movie, and hugged Dipper close. He laid them down on the couch, with Dipper as the little spoon, and Bill as the big spoon. They both slept peacefully. All the night through.