Chapter 60

I wanted to explain everything that happened to Steve while he was gone, but I feel like it would have spoiled things for His and Rose's book. So I didn't put it.

But then I decided to let you guys choose. Do you guys want it in the next chapter, or would you rather wait until they have their own book?

¥¥¥¥

"What's going on?" I let out a nervous laugh looking at Jason, then at Steve.

Jason walked in my mother's room claiming to have something to tell before hurriedly pulling me out and into the living-room. Again, my surprise only increased at the sight of Steve in my living-room.

"Hi Steve."

"Victoria." He nodded with a smile.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yep. I'll leave you two to talk." Jason said before letting my hand go and walking past me.

"W-what?" I looked back at him as he walked toward the hallway.

Jason didn't answer and walked out. And when I turned to look back at Steve, a part of my mind already knew what we were going to talk about. As much as I wanted to deny it, I had a feeling that all my suppositions were right.

"My name is Steve Mendes, Victoria."

He just said that without waiting or giving me a moment.

Just like that.

I took a step back looking at him with furrowed eyebrows shaking my head a little.

I was thinking about it. I've had this feeling for days now, but the moment the words left his mouth, denial kicked in. I wanted to believe that all my suppositions were true, but now that he was the one saying it, I just didn't want it to be true anymore.

I shook my head again, looking up at him. "You're dead."

He just took a step forward and I took one back shaking my head. He stayed silent, which only made me a little bit angry.

He drops news like that, and then just stays quiet.

"Howare you notdead?" I asked trying to keep my composure but failing as my breathing increased before shaking my head in denial again. "You're dead. I saw your grave."

"A grave I didn't even know existed, until Hunter told me about it." He said and I placed a hand on my forehead taking a deep.

"You're dead." I repeated again, looking at him.

I just let myself be a little angry, because I honestly didn't know how to feel.

How are you supposed to feel when someone, you thought was, is not?

"How are you not dead!?" I asked again mentally wincing at the volume of my voice.

I took a deep breath taking two steps before looking back at him as he just stared at me, as if waiting for me to finish rambling, or lose my mind.

I let out a humorless laugh. "Oh, it doesn't matter, because you left us. You left and you took my mother's mind with you. You left us all alone. So it doesn't matter." I said laughing at the situation again as tears left my eyes to roll down my cheek.

"I didn't want to leave you all these years, flower?"

"Don't call me that." I said lowly closing my eyes tightly. "You didn't leave? Then, where have you been? I thought you were dead. Where were you?"