Chapter 8- Another Surprise ?

"I have something to say!" He said aloud at the breakfast table. Everyone suddenly paused and looked up at him. Anika's heart skipped a beat. Now what? Another foreign trip for a period of six month that would extend to an year plus?

"Today after lunch, I want you all to be free." 

"Why?" Pinky asked immediately.

"Surprise!" He replied with twinkling eyes and a charming smile. 

Anika had had enough of his surprises. He was growing on her nerves. He wasn't doing anything yet she was irritated.

While others continued eating she quickly got up and disappeared. Giving instructions to the maid for the lunch and else, she walked away to the room. Hurriedly, dumping the necessary stuff in her bag she walked down. 

"Bye Mumma!" She said quickly bending over and kissing Pinky on the cheek. Pinky gently patted her cheek, "so fast today?"

"Mehras event mumma. "

"Right!" 

"You should have told me Anika, I would have also started early. "Shakti said not liking the idea of Anika taking a cab to work despite of him being present. Usually he would drop of Anika at the Event Management Office and head to the West Office. Shakti took care of the Real Estate and Construction sector of the Oberoi Company. While Shivaay was focusing on the Hotel Sector. There were ten across different cities in India. With the recent foreign connections the business was flourishing.  The Oberoi Empire that had once fallen was rising sharply to dominate again.

Shivaay simply stared. They seemed so complete. Anika seemed more like their daughter than daughter in law. His absence did that, he could understand. But he wasn't complaining. She deserved every bit of his parents' love. 

" No problem Papa. Besides let me remind you, you have to head to the site for inspection today." She smiled.

"Oh. Right. How could I forget!"

"To add you have put your phone on silent mode I guess. Viren uncle was trying to reach you to remind you about the same. He then ultimately called on the landline. " 

"Oh. God. I forgot." Shakti said shaking his head.

"See you, Papa!" she smiled and then her eyes landed on him. She slowly made way to the door. Well she had to pass his chair. 

She smiled. "Bye. Have a nice day." 

"You too!" He said rather finding her behavior odd.

Pinky smiled looking at the two. Either wasn't ready to break the eye lock. She nudged Shakti. He shook his head realising what Pinky was pointing at. The woman was well a very poky woman! He laughed at thought as he heard the door shut.