Epilogue - 2

Part 2

Caroline and I continued to chitchat, still waiting for our husbands while I saw someone arriving from the corner of my eye, I suddenly saw a tiny girl's chubby hands dangling while she slept. That's definitely Chrissy's daughter.

"Chrissy...? Weren't you supposed to come tomorrow?"

"Should I come back tomorrow?" She asked. I fake glared at her and gave her a hug, which was impossible with my pregnant belly and her carrying Jane, her daughter. She handed me a bottle of wine and started giggling to herself. "Aww... you can't have wine can you baby? " At my frown she mellowed down. "Ok.. ok.. I actually wanted to remind you about tax filing.. other than that your restaurant is doing really well."

"Yeah I know, I remember, how's Jane though?" I pointed to her daughter now sleeping peacefully in her arms. "Is she okay going to school now? No tantrums?" I asked.

"Yep, she's doing okay, but she misses her 'daddy' a lot and I don't know what to say every time she questions me about him. Where's daddy? When will he be home? Now what do I say to that? Kids!" She sighed holding her head.

I nodded... "so... how are you and Mark doing? The second chance you gave him, is it doing you both good?" I know my friend and I know she hated this suggestion. She never gives a second chance and which is right too after all the mean things he told her. But I could see even back then that although Mark's words were harsh, he truly did like her and he deserved a chance with his daughter.

"Surprisingly, I don't regret taking your advice, we're doing okay... I think he's going to propose! " She spilled with great enthusiasm.

"wow.. wow.. " That was sudden, I thought they were doing good, this good, I didn't know. But I'm happy for her. "Now that calls for celebration!"

"Ssshhhh... I know.. tone it down, he's just outside. It's my guess but I'm not sure yet." She said and I was giggling all the while. "Now you tell me how have you been doing? Haven't seen you at the restaurant lately." Way to spoil my mood, Chrissy!

"Aah.. My daaarling husband won't let me out of the house, cause last time I got upset with him I left the house saying I'm going to my brother's place while I was sitting in a park and now he won't let me go anywhere. And to top it off my gynaecologist told him to keep me in bed rest!" I breathed out loud after that whole rant.

"Ohkaaaay." She chuckled and stopped when I glared at her. "What you're basically saying is that your husband is still the same, controlling. And I think you're even used to him now, so it's okay babe, don't pretend to whine about it" I sighed, Chrissy and her taunts Rude but true. "Anyways I'll go freshen up and I really need to pee and I'm super tired-"

"Oh yeah yeah sorry! I'll get someone to bring your luggage to the guest room and I'll send your dinner upstairs, so you can sleep sooner and rest" I pointed towards the stairs and she quickly took off with a broad smile while chirping 'great'.
"Hmmm..." I breathed loudly and turned to the other side looking at Carol, now that I think about it she was quiet all this while. "Caroline? All okay?"

"Yeah just.. thinking about my argument with Daniel. I'm missing him, is he missing me as much?"

"Mmhmm.. girl, you need to stop overthinking."

"Huh! And look who's talking. Why did you argue with your husband then?"

I gave her a look. "How did you know?"

She shrugged, "I am married too, you know."

With a sigh, I gave up my silence. Because I wished to rant. I want someone, someone to understand me. Listen to me, consider my words, is that too much to ask for? "I asked Nick if we could have another baby after this one."