Chapter-20

Kajal rubbed her wet hair with a towel, her eyes on her phone. It was 9 in the morning and she had yet not received Tarun's message. She wondered if he had given up after her nasty behaviour, she bit her lip being apologetic about going  rude to him for past two weeks. She huffed, moving her fingers through her tangled knots she thought about what Tia had concluded. Tia's words about Tarun being worried about her being mislead echoed her ears, that made her blush. She crashed on the bed realising she got manipulated so easily, being a practical it was so unlikely of her.

A sudden rage attacked her mind, she wanted to smash Robin's head somewhere. She had made up her mind to give him an earful about trying to stepping his boundaries, she decided to do it right away. With a determination she pulled a dress and a pulled her hair back in a lose knot. Picking her keys, she marched out determined not to let her anger die. As she fired the car engine, her phone pinged. 'Good Morning.' She smiled looking at the message and decided to reply.

'Why late?'

'Apologies Mademoiselle, I wasn't aware that you were expecting one.' She laughed at the endearment

'What if I was?'

'Then I would never be late again?'

'Why were you late today?' She questioned

'Was late from yesterday and got drenched in rain, kind of overslept'

'You are fine, right?'

'Hmmm...just little cold ... wht r you doing?' He asked diverting the topic

'Going to give somebody a lesson of decency.'

'No Kajal, not now.' Before she could reply he called, she answered, ''Are you asking me to just let it go? No, I am not someone to take the wrong things.''

''Calm down my fiery queen. I am not saying that you shouldn't confront him but not now. Sometimes, you should wait for the right time and I don't want your project to get affected.''

''I will get many more projects.''

''I know my designer number 1 but you have put lots of effort  in these designs and what's the point in punishing once, lets punish him every time you meet him.''

She smiled, ''So my polite and soft spoken husband can conspire too.''

''Yes, when it comes to his smart and fiery wife.'' He replied making her heart leap, she laughed to hide her labored breath. 

''Thanks for calling Tarun, I defiantly feel better.''

''That's something nice to hear. Fine, I am off to sleep. Call me if you need something.''

''Tarun, you are fine right. Its just cold.'' Se asked worried

''I am sweetheart!'' He disconnected. Kajal smiled wide, she got out of her car and walked back in humming her favourite song. 

''You are not going?'' Arun asked his daughter all surprised at the sudden change of her mood. The way she walked out, he was sure someone was going to die.

''Nope! I will work from home.'' She replied pulling and then pecking her father's cheek, running back to her room.

***

It was just a week remaining for Tarun to return and for Kajal's project too. She had received a numerous calls from Robin but she smartly kept the discussion professional. Her tongue was itching to give him back, but she decided to follow Tarun's advice. She had to submit her final set and she kept preparing her mind to confront Robin and give him an ear full for his derogatory game.