In the forest

Cold air nipped at my host, Eina's, face as she glanced around in confusion. She was walking in the forest trying to find who dropped us off here with nothing but a bag of clothes, a mirror and a brush. The bag in question was heavy on our small back despite being less than half the size of Eina. Her tiny, chubby legs were getting us nowhere as we were moving very slowly. Being within the same mind as Eina, I saw what she saw. Eina perceived the world in vivid and confusing noises and sounds, but I saw the world as it truly was; an unforgiving and hate filled reality. After a few more moments of walking, I got tired of going nowhere.

      'Eina let me out I will try to look. You need to rest. Just let me take over,' I said gently.

'Okay Lily.' Her two year old voice came out high and squeaky and I could feel her obvious distaste in it. It didn't match her at all with her long blonde hair and bright green eyes. Nor did it match her personality. She was very smart despite her age and I think that is because of me. I am much older than her; my spirit has been around a long time waiting to find its host, which was Eina and I know that I don't speak to her as someone would to a child, but of that of an adult. My demeanor has obviously rubbed of on her.

She let me take over our shared body and I transformed us into our purest form. I started walking, aimlessly searching for something to better our situation. Eventually, I heard a stream and excitedly ran towards it. I stopped for a drink and stared at our reflection in the water. Green, slitted eyes stared back out of a white fox's face. The water rippled and I turned away to start looking for the person responsible for dropping us off or, better yet, shelter.

This went on for hours, us searching but not finding anything. I could feel Eina's part of our mind drift off and I could feel myself almost doing the same. When I thought that I would not find shelter, I found one. One just big enough for me to squeeze into and lay down. After just a few moments, I also felt myself drift off into a blissful slumber.

------------------------------------------