Chapter 20

Yujin's POV

I sat silent in the passenger seat, allowing the heat from the car to soak through my wet clothes and spread across my chilled form. My arms were crossed as I stared out the window.

I hadn't known where I was before, but in reality, I'd only made it down the street from my apartment.

"Where are you taking me?" I broke the silence.

"Home." Jungkook answered curtly. I nodded, though he didn't see since he was concentrating on his driving.

I rubbed my aching temple as I attempted to calm the pounding of my head. Up until now, I'd been surprised at how I could stomach the amount of alcohol I'd consumed, especially on an empty stomach. But of course, things never went my way.

I felt a churning in my stomach as my mouth began to salivate, a warning for the coming grueling process. Instantly, I latched my hand onto Jungkook's arm, surprising him, before urgently requesting, "Pull over. Pull over."

He immediately executed my request, and as soon as the car stopped, I nudged the door open and proceeded to vomit on the sidewalk. It left a sour, unpleasant taste in my mouth and the feeling of the contents of my stomach being emptied was always an uncomfortable and unwanted one; especially since the only thing I had to puke up was burning liquor.

I was too busy gagging and heaving to register the opening and closing of a car door, followed by footsteps leading directly behind me. A deep sigh sounded, a remorseful one, before my dark, damp locks were pulled away from my face and bunched up. A hand rubbed comforting circles into my hunched back as I continued to retch.

After several minutes, I let out a heavy breath of air and sat up, pushing Jungkook off of me as I stood up on my own. I wiped the remaining substance from the corners of my lips and avoided eye contact. "Forget you ever saw that." I climbed back into the passenger seat, my body now free from any loitering alochol, as Jungkook joined me a moment later. No more words passed between us.

He took a turn down a particular road that led us away from where my apartment complex was, puzzling me. I turned to him and asked, "Why are you going the opposite way?"

Jungkook arched a brow as he eyed me from the corner of his eye. "You need something to fill your stomach. And something to warm you up." He shot a pointed look to my thin and dampened windbreaker and I sighed, leaning backing into the seat.

"Alright."

Not long after, we found ourselves parked in the parking lot of a coffee shop. Jungkook shut the engine off before turning to me. "Stay here, I'll bring you something."

I pouted, wanting to pay for myself and not feel helpless, but nonethless sat back and nodded. His lips tilted into a smile and he exited the car, heading inside.

I was left to my thoughts for several minutes. I grimaced thinking back to the altercation with my mother as I wondered how I'd break the situation down for Yoongi. I could only imagine the tough spot I'd be putting him in between me and our mother. I puffed out a breath and ran a hand over my face.

Eventually the driver's side door opened and Jungkook reentered the vehicle, a styrofoam cup in one hand and a brown paper bag in the other. He passed me the cup and placed the bag between us on the console.

"I hope you like coffee, I wasn't sure if I should get tea or hot chocolate but I thought, hey, coffee will help with the caffeine withdrawals. Also there's a muffin, not sure if you like blueberry but-"

"Jungkook," I cut off his rambling with a small smile playing on my lips, placing a hand on his arm, "it's fine. Thank you."

Jungkook glanced at my limb on his and he nodded his head, flustered, before sitting back and watching me indulge in the warm beverage. I felt warmth spread through my body from the inside-out as I swallowed gulp after gulp until it was finished. I then moved on to the muffin, shutting my eyes in delight at the taste and also at the feeling of my stomach being refilled by things other than poison-like liquids. Jungkook just watched me in silence, a content look on his face, until I relaxed into the seat with a sigh.