With A Little Help From My Friends

===============================

" What would you think if I sang out of tune?
Would you stand up and walk out on me? "

===============================

I got out of bed at around 9am, it was finally the weekend! However, I couldn't help but be a little upset when I soon realized that John had left before I had woken up. Suddenly, the phone began to ring off the hook.

   "Ello!" I answered in a joyful voice.

"Ello there, Paulie!" Geo's voice echoed through the phone. I was slightly disappointed that it wasn't John.

"...How're ye, Geo?" I asked with a slight disappointed sigh.

"Ah, I'm lovely! That record ye got me is bloody amazin'." He exclaimed. "Not one single scratch!"

"Glad ye like it, it was the last of me money, after all." I said a little gloomy.

"Oh, Paulie... always been such a charmer." He replied sarcastically, "Ey, did ye wanna come over today?" He asked me. "Ye can come listen to it, then!"

"S- Sure!" I agreed, my voice lightening up.

"Alright, meet me by the Snack Shack in a bit." He said, hanging up the phone.

Man...

Should I tell him about John and I? He is my best mate, after all.

No, fuck, ofcourse I can't. He'd probably react horribly to learning such a thing about my life and then quit talking to me immediately thereafter. I really do hate keeping these things from him, though. I know that eventually this issue will grow larger, but right now isn't the time to worry about it. All who has the right to know is John and I, after all.

Soon enough, I was trotting down the road to the little café. I hadn't been here since John and I had lunch. Walking in gave me slight butterflies. We were sitting peacefully, eating our meals, when we both turned to the opening front door.

It was John. Because ofcourse.

Dear, Lord.

George immediately looked a bit annoyed, "Can't go one day wi' out this bloke getting involved, eh?"

I gulped and looked over at John, his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree as he ran over to our table. George rolled his eyes.

"Mornin', lads!" John scooted into the same booth as me.

"Ello, Lennon." George grumbled.

"'How're ye?" I asked, tilting my head towards the boy, propping my head up with my hand, elbow rested against the diner table.

"Jus here to get lunch, really. Been tryin' to ring ye all morning, Macca... Say, what are ye doing after all this?" John asked.

George's face was emotionless, "Nothin' of yer concern, why?"

"...Well, I've got band practice later and I was wondering if Paul- uh... if ye lot would like to come wi' us!" John was explaining.

"Not a chance." George glared.

"Sure!" I said at the exact same time.

George sighed and we all got up and followed John back to his house. A few days ago when John and I had that fight, he had mentioned him letting me join his band. Was that what this was about?

We walked into his house and I smiled once I saw the familiar surroundings.

"Where's yer Auntie?" I asked.