The Deal

Serena, Olivia and Maggie were almost late to class the next morning. The three of them were sprawled out on their beds and Olivia’s cat was scratching at her sheets.

“Midnight…go away,” mumbled Olivia. Serena slowly opened her eyes.

“What time is it?” asked Maggie.

“Shit! We have five minutes to get to class!” yelled Serena. The three girls jumped up and quickly threw their school robes on.

“Let’s go!” said Maggie on the way out the door. They ran through the corridors on their way to class.

“Ah fuck, what class do we have first?” asked Olivia as she pulled her schedule out of her bag.

“Ancient Runes,” said Maggie looking over her shoulder. There were no students left in the hallway.

“Great, we’re going to get detention,” said Serena. “We’ve got to run!”

They ran as fast as they could all the way to Ancient Runes where Professor Babbling ended up taking fifteen points from Slytherin.

“That’s not as bad as I thought,” said Maggie as they took their seats. Serena looked over towards Oliver Wood and saw he was laughing with a bunch of his friends.

“Prick,” mumbled Serena.

Halfway into class, Maggie was falling asleep, Olivia was trying to decipher the numbers in her book and Serena was writing down more practice plays in her notebook.

When the bell rang to signal the end of class, they headed to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

“Ancient Runes is a waste of life,” said Olivia as they walked to class. “What is even the point of it?”

“You signed up to take it,” said Maggie.

“Yeah, only because you two told me to.”

“Will you both shut up?” asked Serena as they stepped into the classroom. “I heard our new professor is a complete fake.”

“Who cares?” said Maggie. “He’s handsome!”

“I’d back off if I were you,” said Olivia. “Jade already called dibs.”

Serena was right. Professor Lockhart was a complete fake. He had no idea what he was talking about the whole class. All he managed to do was set his chalkboard on fire and tell us the importance of blow-drying your hair before a photo shoot.

“The only thing I’ve learned today is that we should have stayed in bed,” mumbled Maggie as we sat down for lunch. Jade joined us.

“Hope you’re having a good day?” asked Olivia.

Jade looked gorgeous as ever. She looked flawless every single day and that’s why all the boys swooned over her.

“Herbology was shit,” she said as she grabbed an apple. “Charms was shit.”

“Defense Against the Dark Arts isn’t much better,” said Serena. “Although you might enjoy it.”

“Oh Lockhart,” she said with a smile.

“How was Flint?” said Olivia.

“Oh shut up,” snapped Jade. “I let him touch me. That was it. Although he seemed to think I promised him more.”

“That’s gross,” said Serena.

The day dragged on. Serena was able to focus in Potions because it was her best subject. It was easy when Professor Snape favored you. He doesn’t favor everyone, just mostly Slytherins, and she got bonus points because he hand chose her for Slytherin Quidditch Captain.