Chapter 45 - Sacrifices

"G-give the Famille' up?!"

"S-sorry! Saying such a selfish thing..."

The share-house the Famille', is her childhood home after all.

To turn it over is not for me to decide.

"But...that's one option though the girls could share rooms like two on each room the house is big after all I think we can fit in 5 kids in the remaining rooms, and we can use the money Yomiko made to renovate this house and make it bigger to fit everyone in it."

"Th-that's true, but..." she lowers her eyes in hesitation.

Eventually, she looks at me earnestly.

"I also want to do what I can, but..."

"For the kids to live here..."

"We might renovate the house but, we can't expand the land the way it is, for your plan to make it work, you guys have to leave the Famille'."

"That's right."

"The girls can return to their homes but you..." she said this with downtrodden eyes.

"Oh!, y-you don't have to worry about me Tegemi, I'll be fine."

That's right, I haven't considered the land we're in a rural area I haven't considered the neighbors changing the Famille' to a burly orphanage with 50 hyper active kids compressed in this house would be stir up trouble I guess...

And the Famille' members returning to their home, inevitably, we'll be separated...

"We can help the children but we will be separated, I'm sorry to say this Mina but that's unacceptable..."

"I'm glad you thought about but..."

"I can't sacrifice everyone living place and this place might be a bit small for them..."

(yeah...she might be right)

"Let's think of another way to protect the children."

"Oh....r-right..."

I respond for the moment, but...my heart catches slightly at her words.

(....sacrifices...)

Hearing that, that man's words suddenly resurface...

"Protecting something is more difficult than you think..."

"When you protect something, there's always a sacrifice.."

Mr.Mikahara's words lingers inside my thoughts.

(If I really want to protect what's important to Tegemi...those children...)

(I might have to choose to sacrifice the Famille')

She said she'll think of another way, but...

(She was clearly suffering...)

I'm sure...she doesn't expect, there had to be another way.

"Oh...it's getting late..."

She stood up, and turn her back against me to hide the pain on her face,

"We should really...go to bed soon, Mina."

"Let's think of ways to protect the facility and the children...next time."

"R-Right..."

But the time limit is drawing near.

We don't have the leisure to think of another way.

(I can't think of any way besides giving the Famille' up...)

(In this case, with all my strength...)

And, then next day...