22. "Julian...there's something we need to talk about."

That week seemed to take forever. It was like the world was punishing me for the great week I had before. It wasn't that anything bad happened. No.

It was that I couldn't wait for Julian to come back from his trip so that I could talk to him. What Bonnie told me really concerned me and I wanted to make things clear with him. I didn't care as much that I would hurt him because I was a little angry at him for making assumptions and talking about proposing after only three months of dating me.

It was finally Saturday and Julian had agreed to come to my house for dinner tonight. I spent the afternoon going grocery shopping, making up a million ways the conversation with Julian could go tonight in my head.

"Hey," Alexa said as I walked into the house. "Need help?" She asked looking at the grocery bags in my hands.

"Yes, please."

"You okay?" She asked as we went back to the car to get the rest of the bags.

"Yeah, just nervous about tonight."

We made our way back into the house with the rest of the grocery bags.

"Don't you want me to stay instead?" Alexa asked. "I could stay in my room and I won't make any noise, I promise."

I had told Alexa that Julian was coming tonight and had asked her for some privacy. She already had plans to go out anyway so it worked out easily.

I half smiled at her. "No, it's okay. You go out with your friends. I-" I sighed. "I need to do this myself."

"Okay," she sighed. "Do you really need to make him dinner though? I'm pretty sure his appetite is going to be gone after you tell him."

I looked at Alexa. "Well, I want to do something nice. And I didn't really want to just dive in right away..."

"Does Damian know that you're seeing Julian tonight?"

"Of course not. Why would I tell him? It would just make him worry for nothing. No. I'm just going to have this dinner and have the talk and then everything will be over."

Alexa shrugged. "If you say so..."

She helped me put away the groceries then she went to get ready while I began to make dinner. I was making pasta Alfredo with shrimp. I've cooked this for Julian and he really liked it. I also baked some garlic bread and chilled a bottle of wine. I knew I was going to need it.

It was around six when I finally had everything ready and I headed to my room to take a shower. I put on a blue dress that went down to my knees with black heels and blow-dry my hair. I applied some mascara and some red lipstick. Then I went back downstairs to set the table.

"I'm heading out," Alexa said as she walked down the stairs moments later.

"Okay. The keys are by the door. Be careful."

"Good luck!" She said as she walked out the door.

I stood in the middle of the living room and took a deep breath. This was it. Julian would be here any moment. I had played the conversation in my head about a million times by now and I was ready to get it over with but when the doorbell finally rang, my heart still skipped a beat.

My heels echoed as I walked down the hall to open the door.

"Okay." I whispered before I unlocked the door then pulled it open.

Julian was standing on the other side wearing a big smile on his face. Julian was a very handsome man. He had short black hair with two big hazel eyes. He had one of those smiles that made you want to smile back even if you were mad or even if you were about to break up with him. He was wearing dark jeans with a red plaid shirt and black shoes.