22: Vows

Tiara walked down the aisle in a ravishing white gown that had beautiful blue embroidery on the top half. The entire crowd which was present to witness the historical moment was left with their mouth ajar watching the most beautiful girl in all the realms in her full glory.

 The entire crowd which was present to witness the historical moment was left with their mouth ajar watching the most beautiful girl in all the realms in her full glory

She looked so alluring and mystical that even nonliving things would be lured into the trap of her beauty.

Park Jimin, stood before the altar looking like perfection himself in his magnificent black suit making the female population of all ages go wild with desire and lust. Every female in their realm had their eyes on him, gushing about the man that was their wildest fantasy however his eyes were only fixed on the woman he was soon going to be married to.

He admired her as she walked gracefully toward him, however, the mixed feeling inside the young lord kept making him feel perplexed as his trance got lost in the talk that he had with her a few days ago

The moment they return back to the princess's chamber, Jimin made Tiara face him by turning her around.

"What was that?" he narrowed his eyes questioning her, not removing his hands that were holding her shoulder.

"I'm doing what I need to do for the realm" She removed his hands and took a small heavy step toward her bed. 

"You think marrying me will fix everything?" unintentionally his voice rose a note high.

"Do you even want to marry in these conditions?" He spoke at a fast pace trying to understand what the princess was thinking.

"The realms need this Jimin and as the queen to be crowned, I will do everything in my power to strengthen the foundation my ancestors spilled their blood to build " she laid down on the bed facing her back to him. Exhaustion had taken over her body so she could nearly manage to stand for more than a minute.

"Princess...we...Are you sure?" Jimin quickly walked to the bed and settled himself beside her. The nervousness hiked to the point he could hardly breathe properly.

He slowly made her turn to him again and after he exhaled a deep shaky breath he continued "Do you even realize what are you saying? .."

"I know Jimin " the orbs of his eyes went wide as he apprehended every word she spoke.

"You mean you want me to... I mean are you even..." he stuttered taking to think of the exact words to say.

"I promise to fulfill my marital duty as your wife Jimin. However, if you are uncomfortable with this proposition then we can call it off... "

Jimin hushed her by placing his finger over her lips.

"Never...

"All my life my only dream was to call you my woman but I will not be marrying you just for the sake of the kingdom, but because I love you"

"Now the bonding ceremony shall begin" Jimin snapped out of his trance when the Master of the ceremony declared the beginning of the crucial part of their marriage.

Jimin took the dagger from the golden plate that an Enunch was carrying and made a long cut in his palm allowing the blood to ooze out of his wound. Tiara did the same and then intertwined their bloody hands as the Priest read out his speech.

The act of exchanging blood signified that their bond would be as strong as the blond of blood and they would be loyal to each other for their entire life.

"With the power invested in me by the realm and the gods, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride." Tiara shut her eyes closed as her entire body began to tremble when the vow she took in spring flooded her mind.

"I promise you to Tae, I promise that my heart belongs to you till my last breath"

Jimin tightly held the frail body of the princess and wiped the tears that had betrayed her and escaped from her eyes. He pressed his head against her with a pained expression on his face.

"Tiara" he breathed out. He had played the scene of kissing her at their wedding more than a thousand times in his head but never had imagined it to go bittersweet.

Tiara gradually opened his eyes and gazed deeply into his love-filled eyes. His eyes held so much love and care for her making her guilty for not being able to reciprocate the feelings.

She nodded, giving him permission to kiss her and with that, he cupped her face and took her intoxicating lips between his.

The crowd howled in joy beholding the union of two souls that would secure the future of their realm. The clapping and cheering were loud and some people were even shedding tears in happiness.

However, Jimin could no longer hear the cheer nor realize his surrounding as he was completely lost in the pleasure of kissing the girl he loved ever since he could remember. 

He slowly pulled away and gradually opened his eyes. The feelings of happiness and bliss were quickly replaced by anguish as his eyes met hers's which held no emotion's in them. They were empty as if they had no soul.

************

Please do comment your thoughts and vote to support this book. 😘😘😘😘