Ch 14 - starring daggers

Obito POV-

"If you get back injured! You'll get more than my fist! Got that!?" Kushina told me with a already raised fist.
It was the morning of the Kanabi bridge mission. Last time this happened i didn't return home. But this time things would be different. I was gonna prevent Rin from getting taken, which will result in a chain reaction making sure that Madara won't take me in, and then the mist won't kidnap Rin..today is the Day of a completely New future. A future where our team 7 survive the war all together
"Heh! Of course i won't! We'll all be back Here before you know it!" I told Kushina, but it was also a reminder to myself that No matter what happened i couldn't let the past repeat itself.

But luckyly this time, i'm not alone in this. I looked to Kakashi who gave a reasureing nod and i smiled back at him showing my graditide once again.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOo

We were all running trough the thick forest heading towards the point where we were supposed to seperate from Minato the following Day.

'I wonder how tough It'll be..' i thought to myself wondering truly how much of a fight we would have to put up against the Stone Ninja.

The reason that Rin Got kidnapped the first time was that me and Kakashi was fighting a but away from her trying to keep the enemy away, knowing that Rin dosn't really have any jutsu very good in battle.

So this time around Kakashi would Stay by Rin, only attacking them If they got into range, otherwise he would leave them to me.

It's not that i'm afraid i'm just on the safe side by thinking it over a couple of times. I mean it was alm gonna happen tommorow right?! Tommorow is the Day everything started falling apart

Third person POV-

While leaping trough the trees there was a tense quietness over the group. While Obito and Kakashi was planning their strategy over and over again in their head Minato was actually beginning to think that he shouldn't let them do this mission alone.
"I wonder...should i go with you?" Minato quietly Said to himself, but it was more than loud enough for the 3 youngsters to hear
"Huh?! Why suddenly say that? And Can you even do that?! You're not assigned that mission!" Obito protested fearing that his sensei would interfere with their plan.
"I'm sure the hokage could understand If i-"

"Sensei!" Kakashi cut his sensei off and came to a stop on a three branch making the rest of the group stop a few threes ahead.
"Would would you suddenly say that?! I'm a proper jounin and my abilities are on such a level that the hokage feels safe assigning this mission to me!! Would don't you!" Kakashi snapped at his sensei, it was mostly to protect the plan he and Obito had for this mission but he was Down right offended by the lack of trust coming from his mentor

Minato's head sank and the words sank into his mind, he wish he could tell Kakashi that it wasn't because he doubted hus abilities, but because the current power level that Obito apperently had could be dangerous.

While Minato still had his gaze averted and Kakashi was starring daggers, Obito and Rin quietly looked to each other as to ask whst to do, or If they should do anything at all. The problem was that it was rare to see Kakashi and Minato like this. They didn't know what to soon fear that they would only make it worse.

"You do realize how dangerous this mission is right?" Minato asked still in a quiet voice

"Why suddenly ask that?! I though i had made it clear i-"

"This mission would normally aquire more than one jounin..not one jounin one capable chunin fighter and a chunin mostly sprecialiced in healing. No ofence"

Obito POV-

Of course i don't know how Rin took that statement but from her expresion she wasn't offended. I of course wasn't either, i knew that what he was saying was the truth, i had lived trough the outcome once before.
But he dosn't know that i'm at jounin level, with capable S-class jutsu at my disposal.
Not only that i remember the enemies moves, it probably won't be as easy as we convince ourselfs It'll be but it'll have a much different outcome than the last time.

Me and Kakashi will make sure of that!
"Sensei-" i tried to start reasoning with him but i was cut off with a "i don't wanna hear it!"
He was clearly angry and me mostly so i should probably just Stay quiet this time

"It's been like this for A while hasn't it! You completely lost faith in this team!" Kakashi snapped once more and i Guess that did it for Rin.
still being the one to keep this team together she decided to step up and stop this diskussion in it's tracks
"That's enough allright..
Kakashi, i'm sure sensei has his reasons..
But sensei, you to show more faith in us..no matter the reason"

Kakashi finaly softened his gaze and let out a deep and long sigh before nodding.
While sensei straightened his back, his smile and spirit returning and then thanking Rin for stepping in.

Rin was right..there was a reason that sensei was like this..and i had a feeling that i had to look a bit more into that before he perhaps figures everything out..

We Can't have that Can we?