Chapter Ten | First World

[ 10 ]

"Young master, are you in pain?" Mianmian's worried tone made ShuNing's eyes blink open.

"No, why?"

GuangBai, who had been going about his regular duties, had been summoned by one of the two other servants in the small estate, who expressed their concern for their young master. He had come running, which is why when he arrived he appeared a little flustered.

When he spotted the young master sat in the centre of the open courtyard, although creating a breathtaking image as the long strands of hair fluttered in the wind, GuangBai could only express his confusion. The young servant tentatively stepped around the courtyard, in order to see his master's beautiful face, which on this occasion, wasn't so much.

ShuNing sat with his legs crossed under him, his hands planted firmly on his knees and his eyes shut. Unbeknownst to him, his face had scrunched up under his intense concentration. Which is what had elicited Mianmian's initial comment.

"Ah, your face is just scrunched. But if you're not careful, young master, you could get deep creases."

ShuNing rolled his eyes to himself, knowing that beauty was one of the most important elements in this world. As ridiculous and shallow as that was. In his previous world he was a man who at most applied one layer of moisturiser in the evening but even then he forgot most of the time. But since Mianmian had practically become his right hand, the young teen was determined to make sure he used the various balms that were also in the box of presents from XeLeader.

Whilst initially offended at the though that the tyrant believed he had dry skin, Mianmian was quick to reassure him with the knowledge that preserving ones beauty was a top-priority and that XeLeader's actions meant that he had acknowledged ShuNing's appearance.

He still begrudgingly used the items though, which only served as entertainment for Mianmian who had the uphill struggle of trying to apply it for his young master.

Seeing his master's less-than-impressed expression, GuangBai could only let it slide as he easily sported a gentle smile. "May I enquire as to what the young master is doing?" His voice was soft, expertly tip-toeing around his master's occasional stubborn moods. They usually appeared when things weren't going smoothly for him.

ShuNing slumped in his chair, groaning to himself as he looked up at the mid-morning sky. As winter was encroaching, the once-full blossom tree that dominated the courtyard was quickly becoming naked. "I am trying to feel for my SpiritCore." He revealed.

Mianmian took a few steps forward and whilst giving him his undivided attention, the fifteen year old picked up the discarded-in-frustration blanket and set it back over ShuNing's lap. "That is a challenging thing to do when you don't have a strong...ah forgive me, young master, what I meant was-" GuangBai became instantly wary. Although he and his master had a very good relationship, he had just insulted him in a roundabout way.

"Relax, Mianmian, I have accepted my weakness but intend to use what I have to my advantage." The young servant was ever grateful for his master's generous heart. Patting the seat beside him, ShuNing wished for the previously frantic little bun to join him. And without a moments hesitation the younger boy jumped at the opportunity.

"Your words are correct though," ShuNing lamented, ", even though I don't have the weakest SpiritCore it is still immensely difficult for me to sense, let alone feel in order to manipulate. From what I have researched it takes time, which I suppose is why I'm not progressing as much as I'd hoped. Forcing something that comes with time is an unwise decision."