Thirty-Seven: Walk it Off

"I...hate you..." I pant. I was currently sprawled out on the ground and very, very short of breath. My mother giggled and stood over me with a smile. I glare at her and try to sit up, only to collapse back onto the ground. 

"I'd stay down a bit longer. You did run a mile after all."

"Oh really? Are you sure?" I ask sarcastically. "I think I've been..walking this whole time..." 

"You know, I would've just passed you anyway."

"What..?" I deadpanned.

"Yeah. That's why I made sure you fought me. I tried to get your friend Hakai to be your partner, but that darn Aizawa said it'd be best for her to team with someone she wasn't as close with," She explained with a slight eye roll. "There's no way I'd let them tell you that you couldn't go to the summer camp! It's a great way to strengthen yourself." I stood up with my eyes focused on the ground and fists clenched. By now I felt a second wind.

"So I pass?" She responds with an 'mhm!' "So...you made me run for nothing? And a mile at that... You know what's about to happen, right?" I look up at her with a dark glare. 

"Taya, honey, maybe you should take a deep breath and walk it off, yeah?" she asks with a slightly worried face. I hiss at her words. "Taya...?" 

Before another word can leave her mouth, I dart at her and bite her arm, leaving her to fall on the ground paralyzed. With a 'hmmph' I walk past her and out of the training zone, signifying I passed the exam. "Oh Ma, you may wanna walk that off." 

-----------------------------------------------

"You did what with one lung?" Recovery Girl asked with narrowed eyebrows.

"Marina made me run a mile..." I say again. She sighs.

"Your mother is crazy," She says before grabbing something from a mini-fridge.

"You know she's my mom?" I ask somewhat surprised.

"Of course I do. You're just like her!" She says with a laugh. "Well, I'm sure she's changed by now, but you act just like she did when she was enrolled here." She hands me a bottle of what looks like water. I raise my eyebrow and take it from her. "That'll restore your lost electrolytes and give you a bit of a boost." 

"Oh, thank you," I say before drinking it. I almost immediately feel better after finishing it. Recovery Girl then kisses my forehead and smiles. 

"You're all set, Girly," She says. "Now stay safe on this Summer Training Camp. I don't wanna see you back here hurt." I giggle and go to leave, noticing Bakugou passed out on one of the beds in the back corner, Midoriya beside him. 

"Thank you, Ma'am. Have a good rest of the day," I say before walking out the door. I stretch out my legs a bit as I walk along the hallway. "Hey, Hakai!" I greet seeing my best friend stumble down the hall. "How did it go?" She smiles and shrugs. 

"We passed. What about you?" She seems really tired.

"Mom literally made me run the whole time," I groan, earning a laugh from Hakai.

"Sounds like an easy pass." I roll my eyes playfully.

"For you maybe. She made me run a mile. A MILE!" I shout angrily. "I got her back though so it's fine."

"You look good having just run a mile. I'm pretty sure last time we did a mile you actually passed out," Hakai says.

"I already saw Recovery Girl, plus she gave me a drink to restore my electrolytes. I'm all good now!" I hold both thumbs up to her with a grin.

"Good." We walk quietly for a while before Hakai trips over herself and falls into me. 

"Woah now, you okay?" I ask holding her up.

"Yeah. Just overused my quirk a bit...not to mention I could use a nap." 

"Don't we all? Let me help you till you get to Recovery Girl's office." I pull her arm over my shoulders to support her.

"You don't have to. I'll be fine." Hakai tries to take her arm back, but my grip is strong.

"Too late. Already doing it. You can't stop me now." I turn away, fully ready to ignore any other remarks or comments.

As soon as we get into the office, Hakai notices Bakugou asleep in the bed. "Oh my god! What happened?" She scurries away from me and stumbles over to his bedside. 

"Odayaka! Come over here right now!" Recovery Girl scolds with a snap of her fingers.

"But-!"

"Best not keep her waiting," I say pulling her arm over me again and taking her to the open bed.

"You almost busted your face on that bed for a boy. Get ahold of yourself," Recovery Girl scolds. Hakai visibly shrinks.

"Yes, ma'am." I place Hakai on the bed and Recovery Girl begins her exam.

"Endeavor certainly is a nasty fighter. I don't know who's bright idea it was to bring him in for the practical." Only now I'm realizing a huge burn Hakai has on her shoulder.

"He was pretty ruthless," Hakai mutters.

"You know, part of the reason he was that ruthless is that your quirk lacks endurance. You struggling to walk in here is exactly what he was told to look for," She says before kissing Hakai's injuries. "You should probably rest for a while." After that, Recovery Girl leaves the room, leaving us and the two sleeping boys alone. 

"But I don't wanna rest..." Haki slurs slowly. 

"You sure about that?" I wave my hand near her face. She tries to swat my hand away but misses completely. 

"Quit it." She stands and goes back over to Bakugou's bed. She sits by his feet and just stares at his face. "He looks so cute when he's sleeping."

"Good to know," I snicker and smirk. 'Blackmaiiiil.' Hakai looks up at me with a weird expression.

"Did I say that out loud.?"

"Yes."

"Sorry...I'm just a little tired," She giggles before turning back to her boyfriend.

"Clearly. You should really get back in your own bed," I suggest, not knowing who could walk in here at any time. Hakai begins to play with the sleeping blond's hair. 

"What if he wakes up?"

"Trust me, he won't be up anytime soon. He was here when I got out of my exam. He's been here for hours." She sighs.

"Sorry Hakai," Midoriya says. "I feel like it's my fault Kacchan got knocked out. He was my partner, and I just wanted us to pass." He seems upset with himself.

"It wasn't your fault. Knowing him he probably pushed himself too hard." Hakai then rests her head against Bakugou's chest and falls asleep almost immediately. 

"Wow, that was fast," I say with a chuckle.

"You know, you guys talk really loud around sleeping people," Bakugou says without cracking an eyelid. 

"Maybe. But I was more focused on getting your girlfriend to actually rest. Endeavor really beat her up," I explain crossing my arms. Only then does he open his eyes. He just stares at me. "She said you were cute while you were sleeping," I mutter with a slight smirk. 

"Hmm." He doesn't say anything, just looks down at her before smiling to himself and closing his eyes again.

"Aaaaand I'm leaving now bye." I wave to Midoriya and take my leave, on a new mission to find Eijirou to tell him about my exam. I scoff thinking about my mom.

"Psh. Walk it off."