ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟝

Sitting by the kitchen island, a glass of whiskey sat in front of him while Tony watches Pepper cooking dinner for them. She insisted on cooking for the young girl instead of ordering take out as a welcome for her.

"I still don't believe it." Tony sighs loudly after gulping down the whole drink.

Pepper spun around with a wooden spoon in her hand to taste the spaghetti sauce. "What do you meant?"

"You know—" His eyes darted over where the stairs that lead to the upper floor.

Rolling her eyes, she put down the spoon and walk over to him. She gives him a reassuring message. "It will get better, and I know it will."

"But she-"

"She just lost her mother, Tony. Everything is all new to her too."

"But- But her attitude was just—"

Pepper snort continues finishing their dinner. "That's nothing. It just Stark's genes in her."

Tony frown. "I'm not that bad."

She gives him a look.

"Maybe just a tad'"

"You call your team names."

"Which suits them! And they love it." He argues.

"I'm not arguing with you, big baby." The strawberry-blonde haired woman state as she brushes off his argument off. "FRIDAY call Eve, tell her dinner is ready."

"Of course Miss Potts."

There a silence for a few seconds.

"Miss Dyne is on her ways." Inform the AI.

Their footsteps are coming from the stairs that proving that Eve is coming down.

Pepper look at Tony, "I want you to be nice to her. No arguing. No attitude."

Tony looks at her, bewildered, "She the one who starts it!"

"She's a teenager Tony, what do you expect?"

"Believe me, my expectation already ruined."

"Just please, Tony. She has already been through a lot. Just let it be, for now, okay?"

Tony didn't have time to answer since Eve finally walks in. She looks around the kitchen, not even bother to greet them and takes a sit a chair away from Tony.

Pepper gave Tony the last warning look before focusing on the girl. "How the room?"

"Not bad." The girl simply shrugs.

Why don't we go to the mall tomorrow? You can buy all the stuff you need?"

"No, thanks." She bluntly rejects it.

"Okay then, but if you need, just tell me, okay?"

"Sure." Eve dismissed her.

Pepper left to plate the dinner for them, leaving the father-daughter in an awkward situation.

Tony cleared his throat. "So your mother has told you about me before?"

"Yeah? What about it?" The younger Stark sigh, feeling a bit annoyed. Not really in the mood of talking about her dead mother.

"Why didn't she tell me?!"

"She did." Eve glance over the sea across the living room.

"When was it?"

"11 years ago."

Tony's eyes go wide, "11 years?!" he screeched.

Eve just blankly watching Tony's surprised look.