Chapter 12

Edited.

ASHLEY'S POV

I really can't stop thinking about the letter I got from the so-called 'black shadow'. But I think someone is just playing with me. Oh yeah! I think it's Kiara who sent me that letter. She definitely can do something like that. So it's definitely must be her.

"All earth to Ashley. What's going on in that head of yours?" Michelle said pulling me out of my mysterious thoughts. "I have been calling you to tell you why I am so happy today. But it's like you're on another planet." she said annoyed.

"Oh sorry. So can you now tell me why you're so happy today?" I said giving her an assuring smile.

"Are you sure you're okay?" she asked giving me a concerned look.

"Yeah. I'm good just go on, tell me why you are so happy today."

"Oh okay. It all started when you left me in the cafeteria." she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Look I am really-"

"No it's fine since you kinda help me there." she assured me. "So after you left me at the table with them. Chase just stood up and left without saying anything and by the looks of it, he looked annoyed or something I don't know. So it was just me, Ace, and Mason. So Mason excused himself because the table was getting more awkward every minute. There comes my favorite part." she said with a huge smile on her face.

"Yeah shoot." She shrinks.

"You know I don't have a gun right?" she raised her eyebrow confused. Really?

"I mean tell me your 'favorite part'." I quoted the two last words.

"Oh yeah. So after all the drama, I wanted to see what Ace is doing maybe he's going to leave like you guys did but only to turn my head and see him looking at me. Then guess what he said next..." she said and her eyes glitter.

"What did he said?" I asked getting curious.

"He said I'm beautiful!!!!" I looked around maybe she was as loud as I think or I'm the one too close to her and for sure everyone in the class is looking at us and we're in English class talking since our English teacher is absent. We have a substitution teacher here.

"Hey, lower your voice. You were being loud." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Oh sorry. Sorry guys!!!" she said turning around to everyone in the class. Everyone went back to whatever they were doing.

"So he said you're beautiful?" I asked happily for her.

"Yes and then the bell rang and he escorted me to class." Wow, that gives so much reason why she's happy today. "I wanted to tell you all this yesterday but you didn't come to school. Why?"

A smile crept its way on my face remembering all the things I and Chase did. Oh no, don't tell me I'm blushing in front of my friend.

"And why are you blushing?" she asked smiling with a suspicious look on her face. I really don't want to tell her, at least not now.

Just then the bell rang. As they used to say 'saved by the bell'. "I will tell you later. You see the bell rang. We have to go to the cafeteria now." I said before getting up and leaving the class.

"Hey! Wait up!" She yells from behind while she running to catch up with me.

We reached our lockers and put our books inside. I guess no homework for English today. Once we were done we started making our way to the cafeteria. We both got in. Only to find the boys already seated at our table.

I smiled once I saw Chase looking at me but what made me a bit sad is that he didn't smile back. He just turned back to his phone.

Ouch?! Yep, it hurts. It's felt like what we did yesterday didn't mean anything to him.

I walked to my seat which is between Mason and Chase."Hi guys!" Michelle said taking her sit between Ace and Mason. The three of them replied to Michelle.

"Hey Mich!" Mason greets.

"Hey, Michelle!" Ace greets.

"Hey." Chase greets.

I decided to greet once I took my seat. "Hey, guys." I greeted but it only hurt me even more because Ace and Mason were the only two that replied. I don't even know why I care. It's not like we went on a date yesterday. Or is it?

I took out my lunch and started eating not even glancing at any of them at the table. I ate my food quietly while Ace and Mason make jokes for Michelle and to my surprise, she's free with them like they have been friends since way back.

I didn't even care to look at Chase because I'm sure he's busy with his phone as usual. I started thinking about the letter I got in my locker this morning. What will Kiara be planning for me now? I'm sure she has heard that I am sitting with Chase and the boys. That's why she sent that letter.

I was back to reality when the bell rang signaling the break is over. I started packing my lunch. I look up from my bag pack to see Chase is already gone.

What's wrong with him? Is it because of me? Is it because I asked of his parents? I just have to apologize for asking his parents. I didn't know it was a hard topic for him to talk about...

At least I don't want our friendship to end.

HI GUYS!!!

PLEASE

VOTE

AND

COMMENT

LOVE YOU ALL!!!💋❤️💗💖😘💕👍