2.5

DECEMBER

A week has past, and Cassandra was perched upon an examination table, a cup of blood in a hand and a bulging baby bump - that looked like it was going to pop any time soon.

"So what exactly is this blood doing for me - besides the fact that it's fucking delicious."

Camila laughs, as she types in her computer Cassandra's vital signs, "it's supposed to keep you and the baby strong. And well.... we're going to see if it helps the baby come faster. I only got deliver a hybrid baby once."

Cassandra takes a sip of her drink and wipes her mouth off with her hand, "only once."

Camila nods, standing up and looking at the x-rays that they just did to make sure all her bones were still intact, "I delivered one baby, the mother did not make it."

Still watching Camila, she makes her way back over to check her pulse again, "how long ago was it?"

Camila grabbing Cassandra's wrist softly in her stone cold hand, she begins to count her pulse, "almost 150 years ago. It was tragic. I was down in Brazil, in the jungle. When a man from a tribe approaches me. He told me he got a human woman pregnant, and he was a vampire. He told me he was experimenting, and he could tell I was a doctor. She was pregnant and when I waited around for 3 days, she gave birth. I tried to save her, but I couldn't bite her fast enough to spread the venom. She gave birth to a little baby boy. Making sure everything was okay, I stayed for the first month."

"And was he okay?"

She puts Cassandra's wrist back in her lap, pushing her roll stool to her computer, "yes. He aged very quickly, by the end of the month, he was a at least a 3 year old. He could walk, talk, read - everything."

"So, how many did you deliver after him?"

Typing away on her computer, she sighs, "I delivered two more. Both babies died. I wasn't able to save the first mom, and the second mom I was able to get syringes of her mate and my venom to put in her. The baby didn't survive, but I was able to save the mom. Both are grateful for me being able to save."

Cassandra frowns at Camila, "am I going to die?"

Camila looks up at the small human girl, and smiling softly. She gets up and walks over to Cassandra, wrapping her in a hug, "I'm 100% sure you'll make it through this pregnancy. You'll be able to give birth and keep your humanity intact. I promise."

Cassandra nods her head that was laid upon Camila's chest, "okay. I'm just worried. I'm so huge, I can give birth here at any time. I'm just nervous."

Rubbing Cassandra's back, "I know."

"Happy New Years Eve, little sister!" Michael yells, waking up his sister from a dead sleep

"Happy New Years Eve, little sister!" Michael yells, waking up his sister from a dead sleep. The human girl rubs here eyes, glaring up at her immortal brother, "if you don't get the fuck away from me..."