Part 9

You lay in bed that night, Jimin cuddled up against you, trying to push Yoongi out of your thoughts so you could sleep. But every time you closed your eyes your thoughts drifted back to his soft pink lips pressed against yours and his silky hair tangled around your fingers. You felt guilty and you weren't sure if it was because Yoongi was your employee...or because you felt oddly disloyal toward Jimin. Even though your relationship with Jimin wasn't a romantic one...you still felt weird and didn't want him to know about what had happened, sure it would upset him. After what felt like hours the sound of Jimin purring in your ear finally lulled you to sleep.

Morning came far too soon and Jimin had to nearly drag you out of bed to get you to the bakery. You pulled your hair into a lose bun and dressed comfortably before heading out. The two of you worked diligently that morning, Jimin smiling and humming around the kitchen while you sipped coffee nonstop.

"Y/n, time to open!" He sang as he unlocked the door.

"Finally," you sighed, pouring yourself another cup of coffee.

He frowned at you. "Are you ok? You're so sleepy this morning," he said, poking your cheek.

You swatted his hand away playfully and stretched. "I just didn't sleep well last night is all. A certain kitty was purring right in my ear," you said, smiling and ruffling his hair, making him giggle.

-

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Yoongi thought to himself with each step he took, his feet slapping on the pavement. You kissed your boss you idiot! And you just started this job too and it is really a good job. Why did the owner have to be so...he sighed, shaking his head. He was going to ruin another good thing for himself, he just knew it. He stopped when he realized he was outside the bakery. He hadn't even really meant to come here, it was like his feet had just carried him unconsciously. He looked in through the window, spotting her immediately. He smiled softly and then noticed the dark circles under her eyes. She looked exhausted. His smile turned to a frown, his eyes cutting over to the cat. Why did she have to have this dumb cat anyway? Did he keep her up all night? He didn't look tired at all, smiling at customers with his big, stupid, smiley face. Yoongi scowled as his eyes trailed down to the collar around the dumb cat's neck, her name dangling from it mockingly on a charm. He stomped to the door and went in.

-

"Oh, Yoongi!" You said, surprised to see him there as he came up to the counter, "What are you doing here?" You asked, brightly.

Jimin caught sight of him and scowled. "I agree, what are you doing here? It's not your day, get lost," He growled.

"Jimin!" You said, turning to scold him. "You can't speak to Yoongi that way!" Jimin didn't lower his eyes from the other cat's though, and he didn't apologize.

Yoongi only chuckled, leaning against the counter. "Well I woke up craving a morning bun and now that I've tasted yours no other's will do," he said, smirking at you and completely ignoring Jimin. "And just twice a week isn't nearly enough," he said in a low voice, his eyes burning into you.

You blushed a little, trying not to watch his mouth while he talked and then smiled brightly at him to cover it and turned to fetch his bun and pour him some coffee. When you turned back, the two cats were staring hard at each other, Yoongi managing to look almost bored with his hands stuffed into his pockets while Jimin squeezed his own hands into fists and clenched his teeth, his ears flat and his tail swishing behind him in annoyance.

You handed Yoongi his bun and coffee, his fingers brushing yours lightly as he took them and smiled at you. Jimin's chest rumbled at the contact and he walked briskly around the counter and put his hand on the older cat's arm. "Can I speak to you outside for a minute?" He growled to him. Yoongi only shrugged and set his breakfast on the counter before following him out.