Chapter Thirty-Nine: Wait, What's In That Duffel Bag?

Okay, not really, we just drove around the city to past the time.

It was great feeling for some reason. To be going out with someone, to be someone's girlfriend while you have a boyfriend. You always know that someone likes you very much, someone's there for you, always there for you. I looked at Parker and smiled.

He glanced at me. "Why are you smiling?"

I shrugged. "The question isn't why, it's why not?"

Parker laughed. "Good answer."

Now the both of us were smiling. He took my hand and drove the car with his left hand as he held my hand in the other. Then Parker stopped the car at the red light and we waited patiently for it to turn green. We kept on sneaking glances at each other, knowing that one is looking at other.

He sighed. "I can't take more of this."

Parker looked around suspiciously to see if anyone was watching. Then he leaned across the car's center console towards me. Well, I was just happy we were both thinking the same thing. I began to lean towards him too when suddenly we were stopped. But it wasn't by a car honk, but by a phone ring.

I sighed and took out my phone. "Hello?"

"I'll hold," Parker said to me, frowning a bit but making me chuckle.

"NO! Naomi, don't you dare kiss him!" Someone's voice exclaimed through the phone, making me jerk back at the volume.

I blinked. "Jordan?" I asked in disbelief.

"Don't even think about it!" He ordered me.

"What the-" I muttered. "How did you know I was going to kiss him?" I demanded.

Parker looked at me. "What?"

"Don't you dare try to change the subject young lady, especially when you were about to PDA for the whole city to see!"

"And I'm going to ask again, how did you-" I paused when I realized it. "No, you did not."

There was no answer.

I gasped. "You did! I can't believe you!"

It was the Trace Ace! I should have turned off the GPS when I had the chance! No, I regret ever agreeing to this!

I began to look around, even sticking my head out the window. "Where are you? I'm going to kill you!"

"Now Naomi, don't be mad, we're only-"

"-being crazy stalkers!" I yelled at him. "This is a total invasion of my privacy! How dare you do this! I am going to kill you and the other two!"

"What did I do?" Bennett's voice asked. "I mean, I get you wanting to kill Declan and Jordan. It was Declan's idea to bring the bats-" yes, he said the bats "-but why me?"

"'Cause you're driving!"

"Oh, I get it." He said, calmly. "Well then, continue."

The car went back to moving as soon as the light turned green.

"Is there something wrong sweetheart?" Parker asked me concerned.

"No, nothing's wrong, sweetie," I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm. "I'm just talking to Jordan while picturing his murder in excruciating detail." I growled at the phone, I heard a slight whimper from the phone.

"You're talking to Jordan?" Parker asked, ignoring the last part. "Tell him I said hi."

"My boyfriend says hi," I told Jordan.