Chapter 5 <Esmeralda>

I was left to sit in the loveseat, which Magnus sat in when he watched Carlos and I, as I thought about what just happened. My Mother and Father gave me away the minute they were offered a hundred billion dollars for myself in return. Now I didn't know what to do with myself. Magnus hasn't even made a move on me and then he claimed that he was saving me. I never really thought that I needed saving...

Do parents normally do that with their children? I had never really seen that much in those movies on DVD. But then again, in the movies, people just acted. There was no real, authentic emotion behind the acting. Just character roles and friends or even enemies. But I guess I shouldn't even be judging, I act all the time. I think.

"Come on," Magnus sighed after pulling on a white T-shirt and stepping out from his room. "We're going to my place."

"You mean this isn't your place?" I asked and smirked after scoffing. "I should've guessed, only pricks live on top of a kink club." I sighed pulling back on my coat and standing.

Magnus was radiating annoyance and bundled up anger. Let's see if he snaps. "It's a dump here anyway, must be worse at your place." I turned to him, "Well let's go, I'm ready, what are you a fucking sloth?" I asked walking towards the elevator and pushing the button. He only growled under his breath and said nothing, much to my disappointment. 

We walked out of the building with myself following close after him. I could feel people staring, especially those other men I ran into on my way to the bathroom. They looked a bit irritated but then they sported a smirk and went back to drinking. I honestly just wanted to sleep.

"Get in the the car," Magnus muttered unlocking in truck which was a nice, slick black. I only hummed slightly in response and opened the passenger door staring into the car. To be honest I was little paranoid there would be another person in the car. Maybe there to finally put me up for an auction like all those other sex slaves.

But the inside lit up once the door was open. There was no one inside to I stepped up, into the car. I winced as I slowly sat down but big my tongue through the pain, shutting the door. It smelled like cologne and...just Magnus. I didn't even know how to describe it other than...it was refreshing. It wasn't like the familiar smell of weed, cigarettes, and alcohol. This was better.

Shortly after I had buckled in, Magnus hopped into the car. He started it and didn't even bother to buckle up as we drove away from the club. We sat in complete silence and I would occasionally glance at him. I found myself beginning to actually, really stare at him. He truly was a handsome guy I guess. He was clean cut. I mean, so were my parents, but he just seemed more organized. And he hasn't hurt me yet. Yet.

"Staring is rude, Esmeralda," Magnus rumbled his eyes glancing over. I blinked before looking away.

"I wasn't even staring at you," I scoffed rolling my eyes. Magnus squeezed the leather on the steering wheel. The skin on his palm caused a slight squeaking sound and his foot pressed against the gas a bit more. He was getting mad. Perfect.

"So are you going to fuck me or something when we get back? You bought me in the first place-"

"I thought I made it clear to you that I fucking saved your bratty ass," Magnus growled darkly. I winced slightly and glared at him.

"Excuse me?" I sneered sitting up, "Bratty? I am not bratty, Magnus. If anything you're being a jack ass!"

"Then don't fucking talk to me like that," he said calmly.

"Talk to you like how?" He didn't even answer. "Oh I get it, your kinky ass doesn't like it when I call you Magnus, does it?" I smirked watching his jaw click in irritation.