Chapter 10: Definitely Not A Date

Dedicated Chapter Song: (Un)lost - The Maine

Unaware of where I'm going, or if I'm going anywhere at all. But I know I'll take the leap if it's worth the fall.
(Hiromi)

"You're even slow now with your wings," Master Yang monotonously remarked as my tired and sore body dropped back against the tatami mat

"You're even slow now with your wings," Master Yang monotonously remarked as my tired and sore body dropped back against the tatami mat. "How...are you...so fast...at your age?" I can't heavily. "It's not fair."

"You haven't been keeping up with your daily training, which has made you slow and weak. You're still underweight and malnourished."

"I've been eating a shit ton!" I exclaim.

"Eating and dieting are two separate things. Just because you're eating doesn't mean it's food that's nutritious for you. On top of that," He pokes my stomach with a wooden stick. "If you don't work out properly you'll end up overweight and weak."

"Meeeeh," I rolled over onto my stomach, planting my face against the mat. "So much work. Why is being a hero so damn difficult?"

"Do your think your mother would take it this easy on you?" his voice is harsh, and suddenly I'm up on my hands and toes in a push up position.

"Plank for a solid five minutes." he orders.

"Five minutes?!" I gasp, but the stern look in his eyes make me nervous, which forces me to do as he says. I groan in pain and keep wobbling the entire time. The pain in my stomach gets worse by the second, and I'm positive I'll be limp as a noodle by the morning. Maybe I could skip P.E. tomorrow?

"I still expect you to not strain yourself too much to where you can't do physical education tomorrow. Your teacher is just as strict as I am."

"Dammit..." I grit my teeth, watching as sweat dripped from my forehead onto my hand. "Gross..." At least I wasn't Bakugou, and my sweat wasn't made of a nitroglycerin-like substance that would blow up if I wanted it to. As cool as his quirk was, it had many flaws. But, that's the case for everyone's quirks. There's always a flaw or a setback.

"Your father called again," says one of my bodyguards, rudely opening the door to the training room. With a fierce glare, half hidden behind my eye-patch, I hiss. "And?"

"I'll assume you still refuse to sign the documents?"

"Now is not the time," I sigh, trying to remain stable on my hands. "I'll deal with that...on another day." I sigh, repeating the same lines I'd been saying for about six years now.

"Well, there's someone else on the other line for you," my bodyguard speaks again, holding out my phone. "Some really loud and aggressive kid."

Breaking my planking position, I jump to my feet. "Bakugou?" I question aloud, rushing to grab the phone. "Hello?"