44

All you can do is sigh.

He's right. It was you who pushed him away first.

Do you think you have the right to run after him and say it's not like that?

There's no way you can do that.

You'll end up making a fool out of yourself.

Jimin nudges you by the elbow. He's giving you that same look a disappointed parent gives their child.

Something tells you he won't let this pass.

"You're really just gonna let him walk out of here uh?"

He walked out on his own. You didn't tell him to leave.

"Things are better this way." A trail of denial pours out from your lips. "That's what he's good at anyway. Leaving."

Even your own words leaves a bitter taste in your tongue.

"You're only saying that. But we both know that's a lie, Y/n. I mean look at you now. It's as if your mourning for a loss."

Ouch.

He's right. But why do you have the urge to contradict his words so badly? Tell him that he's wrong? And that you really don't want to have anything to do with Taehyung?

Your skull's thicker than a stone.

The sternness in his eyes is enough to have anyone shrivel.

"You're still in denial aren't you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Lies. Pure lies through gritted teeth. Jimin reads you like an open book and he lets out a heavy sigh.

"Okay fine. Let's say he's good at leaving. A pro if you must. But you know what wrong in this whole picture? You. You're afraid he'll end up leaving like your dad and never return. But you're forgetting that Taehyung isn't anything like your dad. He came back for you. " The sudden eruption of his tone had caught you of guard. If Jimin was tame and calm moments ago, he isn't right now. Frustration highlights his voice and every word he spits out feels like lava against your skin. "I'll be honest with you okay? As much as it pains me to know how important he is to you even though I was your friend first, I'd hate myself even more if I let you guys be. So please. Go after him or else I might.."

A person who's afraid to open up in fear of being abandoned. That's how you looked like in front of Jimin. Albeit Lisa too.

Taehyung isn't anything like your dad. Yes, he left. But he still came back.

All it took was Jimin's speech for you to come to a realization uh?

"I-I have to go."

The frown on Jimin lips only lasts for a second before he nods his head. He forces a smile that doesn't reach his eyes and tell you. "Yeah. You should."

As you turn your heel and run after Taehyung, you fail to hear the crestfallen confession Jimin whispers to himself. "- or else I might become selfish and keep you for myself."

Taehyung's no where to be seen by the time you reach the entrance.

He must have brought his car right?

He's probably at the parking area underneath the building.

You dash to the elevator and punch the ground button. But just as the door's are centimeters away, a hand slices in between, forcing them to open again.

A familiar face shows up and they're equally surprise to see you too.

"Tae."

He has a phone pressed against his ear, eyes wide like saucers.

"I can just take the next-"

You don't let him finish, pulling him inside by the collar and basically trapping him against the wall. When the elevator behind you closes shut, that's when you start spilling guilt-converted-regret out to him. It catches him off guard, how your eyes begin to gloss and the way your fingers begin to tremble against his shirt.

"I-I'm sorry. That time a-at the ship, I didn't know what to say. When you suddenly confessed, I had flashbacks of my d-dad leaving us and that time y-you left without a word and-" Jimin was right. Like always. The reason why you tried to subtly push Taehyung away was because you didn't want to go through the same experience you had with your dad. You were afraid Taehyung would abandon you. And the worst part of it all, was when you kept convincing yourself that it was his fault. "T-the truth is that, I like bickering with you. E-every moment with you is precious and the t-thought of you ignoring me makes me go crazy and w-what I'm trying to s-say is that-"

"I know." With his hand cupping the curve of your face, he guides your teary eyes to look at him. Taehyung has the most gentle smile on. Enough to hypnotize you on the spot. "I feel the same way."

He's taking the spotlight when he shouldn't. Your fingers curl tightly against his shirt as you fight to take the top. You have to give these words out of your chest. Let him know how you really feel. Because if you don't, you might actually go crazy.

You open your mouth but no words are rendered. All of a sudden, heat rushes up to your face.

The reaction is enough to have Taehyung tilting his head to the side in amusement. "Where did all that confidence go uh?"

You're the color of a tomato.

His hand leisurely glides down from you face to wrap around your waist.

But before he can take control of the wheel fully, you have take action and bring your message upfront. While you still have the upper hand.

Words won't leave your lips.

So why not use the latter instead?

Actions speaks louder than words anyway.

Before Taehyung can catch you off guard completely, you do the only thing that pops up in your mind.

Pull him by the collar, stand on your toes and then connect your lips against his soft ones.

Instead of you getting caught off guard for the second time today, it's about time he experiences that same feeling.