Chapter 10

Twenty minutes later Lauren was walking back through the front door of her house with one happy Camila. The girl had her arms full of stuffed animals and her blanket along with a pacifier that Lauren knew the girl didn't want her to see as she had picked it up without knowing, and it was safe to say she felt happy with herself knowing the girl was content.

After slipping off both their jackets, she was taking her by the hand and leading her towards the couch.

"Can I...can mama ask you something Camila?" She asks.

Camila's eyes widen innocently at the name the woman had given herself, but instead of freaking out, she smiles, happy she wasn't uncomfortable.

"Uh uh" the small brunette replies, her hands playing with the blanket in her grasp.

"How old are you feeling right now?" Asks Lauren, shifting herself slightly so she was sat sideways, her leg placed on the couch.

"Two" Camila doesn't hesitate to say, squirming in place slightly.

Lauren goes to reply to Camila's words, but stops when she squirms. Sensing the fact that she may need to use the bathroom, she slides off of the couch and into a crouching position in front of her, "do you need the bathroom?" She asks.

Camila's cheeks turn red as she squirms in place again. She had never used the bathroom when little before, she had only ever used her pull-ups. The very pull-ups that were still at the apartment they had gotten back from.

But was telling Lauren that a good idea? Would she get mad? Call her names? When her bladder twinges in need, she tenses up, her eyes filling with tears.

"Camila sweetheart, you need to tell me what you need. I can't do anything if you don't tell me" Lauren states urgently, shifting onto her knees and bringing her hands up to cup her cheeks.

When she gets no response, she speaks again, calming her voice down so Camila didn't get even more worked up, "do you not use the bathroom when you're little? Camila, speak to me baby, I don't know what to do" she states, looking around almost as if she was expecting to find the answer somewhere around the room.

Tears finally falling, Camila shakes her head in response.

Happy she was finally getting an answer, Lauren stands while pulling the young girl to her feet, "okay, well if you can be a big girl and go just this once, I'll make a trip to the store to go get you some diapers or something, okay? Can you do that for me?"

Knowing she didn't really have much of a choice, the small girl nods.

Wrapping an arm around her waist, Lauren leads her towards the bathroom, "would you like some help?" She asks, stopping outside the door.

Camila hesitates, but finally nods her head, "yes please mama" she whispers, bottom lip quivering.

"Good girl, thank you for being honest." Lauren praises as she pushes the door open, "in you go, lets get you sorted"

**

"Which ones are you liking?" Lauren asks quietly as both Camila and herself wonder down the diaper aisle of the store, her hand tightly in the younger girls. The girl was now a little bigger then before, as she had admitted that being little and completely vulnerable in a public place made her too nervous.

Camila bites her lip indecisively, her curious eyes looking around. There were a few that looked good, that she was considering pointing out to the woman, but for some weird reason she couldn't find herself to do it.

She had never picked out diapers before, especially with someone else and honestly, she was scared. Scared she'd be judged, looked at differently. She didn't want to be looked at differently.

When she gets no reply, Lauren gently pulls them both to a stop before stepping in front of the young girl, "you okay sweetheart?" She questions, giving her hand a comforting squeeze.

Camila looks down shyly, letting her head bob up and down a few times.

Smiling, Lauren gently eases it up, "would you like me to pick out some for you?" She asks.

Letting out a breath of relief, Camila nods her head, "yes please" she whispers.

"Okay" Lauren replies simply, pressing a soft kiss to the girls forehead before turning round in place.

She looks at a few brands for a minute or so, and once she finds the one that looked the best quality, she picks up the size she guesses Camila to be before beginning to lead them towards the checkout. There, she spots a small selection of candy and with a knowing smile, she once again pulls them both to a stop.

"Would you like to pick out one?" She asks, releasing the girls hand and bringing her own up to brush a strand of hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear.

Camila looks up hopefully, her eyes innocently, "can I?" Her voice was a whisper.

Lauren smiles, "of course baby. Go ahead" she murmurs, placing her hand on the small of her back before gently pushing her forward.

Happily, Camila crouches down in front of the candy, eyeing every one before narrowing it down to the two that she liked best; sour patch kids or Swedish fish.

She looks between them both for a few seconds, and when she finally makes her decision, she grabs them and stands upright with a shy smile on her face, "this one?" She asks, holding the packet up.

"Of course sweetheart, hand them over and then we'll go pay for them"

Camila does as she says, happily taking the woman's hand and allowing herself to be led towards the checkouts. Once she had payed for the two things they had picked out, they were in the car and on the way home.

"When can I have my candy?" Camila asks after a few minutes of silence, her hand playing with a loose strand of her hoody.

Lauren glances her way, "You may have a few after dinner" she states softly, indicating left.

"But I wanted them all" Camila pouts.

"I'm sorry baby, but you'll end up getting a tummy ache if you eat them all" Lauren replies distractedly.

Camila frustratedly kicks her feet, her shoe making contact with the floor hard enough to leave a loud thud.

Lauren frowns, but refrains from raising her voice so she didn't scare the younger girl.

Not happy her kick hadn't made the woman give into her, she kicks again. When she yet again gets no response, she slams both feet down, letting out a tiny whimper when she gets a sharp swat to the thigh in response.

"Kick my car again young lady then you'll soon find yourself spending the rest of the afternoon in the corner"

Lauren's voice was sharp, and along with the slap to the thigh, Camila feels as though her world had ended. Her bottom lip quivers and her eyes fill with tears, and before she could stop herself, she was letting out a loud sob.

**

Hey loves, tell me what you think!!

Next chapter: 210 votes

Thank you for reading!