32

It took Jungkook a few seconds to process what was happening. Then he felt a heavy body land on top of him, his head smacking on the concrete. He blinked once. Then twice. Then he screamed, pushing the body off him.

"Yoongi!" Jungkook screamed, tears in his eyes. He looked back, expecting to be shot as well. But to his surprise, there was no one there. The guy got away.

Jungkook put pressure on on of the bullet wounds using his hand. The other quickly fumbled with his pocket. He got out his phone and used his now bloody and shaky hands to dial 911.

Jungkook kept talking to Yoongi, telling him help was on the way and he was going to be fine. When he realized Yoongi couldn't hear him, he sobbed and begged him to hold on. Yoongi's eyes were closed and he was on his back, not breathing. Jungkook felt a very, very faint pulse.

If Yoongi weren't in front of him, he would've been shot too.

In a few minutes there were flashing lights and blaring sirens. Jungkook barely registered being led into the back of the ambulance. The ambulance sped away from the scene.

Jungkook prayed Yoongi would make it the whole way there.

~~~~

"JUNGKOOK!"

Jungkook spun around and saw all his friends bounding over, even running into a few people.

"Are you hurt? What the the hell happened?!" Jin gasped, checking him for injuries.

"It's not me, it's Yoongi." Jungkook shook his head, sniffling quietly. The guys engulfed him in a group hug while he cried quietly. He was still shaking.

"We're so sorry." The guys repeated, stroking Jungkook's hair, rubbing his back and wiping his tears.

"MOVE YOU HOES! WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SON?!"

The guys looked up and saw a middle aged woman with messy hair and pajamas on run in. She wasn't even wearing shoes.

"Ma'am, Yoongi is in surgery-"

"Let me see him. Is he okay?" Mrs. Min interrupted frantically.

"I can't give you a definite answer. You aren't permitted to see him during surgery, I deeply apologize. It will take hours." The woman stated calmly.

"Holy fuck. My son." Mrs. Min whimpered, tears falling down her face. Sure, Yoongi wasn't her birth son, but true family isn't always blood.

A man rushed over, hugging the woman close, crying softly as well. He was telling her that he'd be okay and that their son was a stubborn little shit and wouldn't die.

"Excuse me." Jungkook whispered, gaining the couple's attention. "Are you Yoongi's parents?"

"Yes, who are you?" Mr. Min sniffled, wiping his tears.

"I'm Jungkook, I don't know if he's told you-"

"Oh my God, that kid always talks about you. I hate that we're meeting on such circumstances, but at least we got to meet. Thank you so much for bringing him in." Mrs. Min embraced Jungkook, thanking him again quietly.

They pulled away and Jungkook gave her a weak smile. She took a deep breath, closing her eyes.

"Please, God. Let him be okay."

~~~~

Hours passed with them anxiously sitting in the waiting room. They still heard nothing on his condition or any progress. Jungkook had explained to Yoongi's parents and his friends what had happened. He left out the details that Yoongi told him about his past since he promised not to say anything. But he told his parents that Yoongi told him about it tonight. They nodded in understanding.

Everyone was silent. No one knew what to say. Yoongi was a great person, they all knew that. He didn't deserve this.

Jungkook's heart was pounding. His hands were clammy and he could barely sit still. He was so worried. Yoongi was a great person, despite what he did in his past. Jungkook really liked him. He knew he cared for Yoongi deeply.

Footsteps approached the group. They all looked up to see Yoongi's doctor. He had an unreadable expression.

"So? Is he okay?" Mr. Min questioned, his eyes filled with worry.

"Not exactly." The doctor shook his head solemnly.

"The fuck does that mean?! You are not letting my son die, ya hear me?" Mrs. Min snapped.

"Please calm down. We extracted all six bullets, but his liver is positively riddled. He's gonna need a new one. From one of you." The doctor explained, everyone's eyes going wide.

"Are you fucking serious?" Namjoon exclaimed.

"Use mine. We have the same blood type. Just do it if it'll save him." Jungkook quickly stood up.

"Wait, can you even survive without a liver?" Mrs. Min stood up as well, putting a hand on Jungkook's shoulder as if she was holding him back.

"Actually, we'll only need half. Livers can grow back. So you'll have half of your liver, and he'll have half of your liver." Doc informed them.

"Let's do it. Hurry, before it's too late." Jungkook rushed. Mrs. Min hugged him and thanked him multiple times. He hugged all his friends and was led into a surgery room. He laid down on the bed and was prepped for the surgery.

Then, everything went black.

🧐