⁰⁴, KEROUAC, VONNEGUT, GINSBERG

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 . . . 𝘒𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘢𝘤, 𝘝𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘨𝘶𝘵, 𝘎𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘨
❝ Who doesn't like Metallica

  CHARLIE GILMORE LEANED on the locker beside Liam's, watching him collect his books as the final bell rang. He worked quicker after the sound, making Charlie chuckle.

  "Don't laugh at me," He defended, pulling a half-zipped backpack over his shoulder, "Your locker looks like Emma decorated it."

  "That was cold," Emma noted, joining her friends with a sigh, "So, Dean said Taylor's busy today so we can smoke behind Doose's—"

  "Connecticut!"

  Emma's eye twitched in annoyance as Jess Mariano jogged up to the trio, no backpack in sight as he flashed Charlie a half-smirk.

  "C'mon, I wanna show you something."

  "We're, kind of busy," Emma said, crossing her arms tightly.

  "Yeah, you sure look like it," Jess noted with a lazy grin, his eyes traveling until they landed on Charlie. "You comin'?"

  "No," Charlie said in slight discomfort, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. Jess pursed his lips, nodded, then walked away.

  She watched him nearly shoulder-check and unsuspecting freshman, and before Liam could make a comment about Jess' sunny disposition, Charlie was rushing after him.

  "Charls!"

  "I'll meet you guys in a little!" She yelled back, not stopping as she weaved between kids, "I don't wanna be a hypocrite!"

  Charlie came tumbling out of the double doors with her backpack clinging onto the crook of her elbow, sighing in relief when she saw Jess sitting with a cigarette between his lips.

  "Hey," She greeted breathlessly, making Jess raise an eyebrow, "What did you want to show me?"

  "Nothin'."

  "Oh, c'mon," The girl frowned, "I'm sorry, Taylor never leaves Doose's so when he does, Em, Liam, and I all smoke bud out back since it's just about the only concealed place in the entire town—"

  "You don't owe me anything, Connecticut," Jess said, standing, "Not even an explanation."

  "I know," Charlie said, defensively, "I'm just being a nice person— something I'm sure you aren't familiar with."