nineteen.

thank you for 23k reads. woah
[ play song at the top for the chapter ]
++
four more days.
++

Johnny's POV.
I sat down. My leg bouncing up and down, inpatient waiting for an update, a word, anything from anyone about Mackenzie.

My knuckles started to turn red from me clenching them so hard. Mackenzie's mom put her hand on mine. "Johnny. It'll be okay. I told you, she's strong."

I shook my head.

"I don't know. I don't know." I said just scared. The doctor came out and nodded at me. I got up quickly and ran into the room.

Mackenzie's skin was pale. I kneeled down next to her. "Babe, what happened?" I spoke with a voice full of sadness. Her eyes were still closed.

I held her hand, moments later feeling her hand slowly, very weakly tighten around mine. My eyes widened. I looked into her eyes as they slowly opened.

"Mackenzie." I held the side of her face lightly. "What happened at my house. Why.. why, what's this?" I looked at her.

She shook hear head slowly. "I.. I don't know." She said softly. Her voice cracking. "What.. whats gonna happen to you?" I said scared.

"I don't know. Maybe it's.. it's not serious." She said out of breath. I grabbed the oxygen mask and lightly put it onto her face helping her get more air.

A tear slipped out of my eye.

"It hurts to see you like this. I didn't get to show you everything. I needed more time Kenz." I looked down.

"I'm not dead yet." I heard her say. "I think I'm gonna be okay for now." Her voice was still weak and non convincing. "I love you." She spoke again.

"I love you too." I said not letting go of her hand but leaning back, pulling the chair up behind me.
++
"Remember when I made you sit in the front of the roller coaster but you almost shitted your pants." I laughed.

She lightly laughed. Sounding stronger than before.  "You were a dick for that, and you still are.." she smiled weakly. I tilted my head at her.

"You look so pale.. almost-" she cut me off. "Dead? I look like I'm dying right?" She said turning her head the opposite direction.

"It's not meant to be offensive, it's just you look tired." I said squeezing her hand lightly. The doctor came in. "Sir, closing time." He said to me.

I turned to him, then kenzie. "Mackenzie. I'm leaving." I said to her. "I heard." She said still not looking at me. "You don't wanna.. say bye?" My voice broke feeling hurt.

Why was she mad all of a sudden?

"If you're gonna be like this I wont come back.." I said looking down. I heard her body shift. "Johnny. Thank you for coming okay? I love you. I'm just so weak right now." She said.

I looked at her. I walked over and kissed her forehead. "I love you too."
++
I sat down on my bed. I couldn't sleep knowing that Mackenzie was in a hospital room by herself. I kept tossing and turning.

I looked at my calendar. Holy fuck.. four more days.. I have four more days.
++
Mackenzie's POV.
I sat up on the bed eating the bread and water I was given. My mom sitting beside me watching me.

"How are things with you and Johnny?" She asked me. "They're fine." I said looking up at her for a second. "I hope you're treating him well. He looks like he really cares about you." She said walking around the room.

I watched her. "I know he does." She sighed. "He cried over you, you know. It took me such a long time to even get him to stop shaking."

I sighed. "Mom. You telling me this doesn't make me feel better. I know he's affected okay?" She shrugged her shoulders.

The doctors came in. "Looks like she's able to go home tonight." He smiled at the both of us lightly.

I nodded. "I want to go to Johnnys." I said putting my plate down. She looked at me. "Mm. Okay."
++
I grabbed my black sweater and slowly walked to Johnny's porch. I knocked lightly on the door.

I knocked more.

And more.
+
The door finally opened revealing Johnny's messy hair and a white T, with sweatpants. His eyes were red, but now lit up. He pulled me close to his chest.

"You're home.." He said as I wrapped my arms around his back. "I'm home." I let go of him looking into his eyes.

I looked down at my journal I brought with me. "Four more days Johnny." I said sadly. He held my hand.

"you'll have many more days and I'll make sure of it okay?" He spoke.

I looked down. He pulled me in holding the side of my cheek kissing me soft and slow. "I love you." He said in between kisses, before pulling me into another hug.

"Stay the night"