c5

Day two.

Acacia tripped down the stairs on the way to lunch.

Taron actually made a funny joke about Jay Gatsby in English that made everyone laugh.

Mr. Cerone gave out a form to get signed for Chem lab, and...

Algebra didn't suck ass.

All of these things Ki considered successes in her day to day life.

But little did she know what would come on day three.

Day three.

Mrs. Moon—a name ironic for an Astronomy teacher—announced a field trip for the fall.

They had the first quiz on the elements in Chem that Ki forgot to study for.

Lunch was flavorless mac and cheese.

And Ki lost a game of dodgeball... Acacia nearly cried.

It was Lyra's fault. Lyra and those fucking determined blue eyes.

When Ki first saw Lyra she didn't peg her as a competitive type.

Boy was she wrong.

When they had picked teams, Acacia and Lyra were assigned captains and each one of them picked a member of the gym class until both teams were filled equally.

Lyra chose first and had immediately picked Aloric.

Go figure, he is probably the biggest dude in the school, of course she picked him first.

Acacia's first pick was Ki.

Completely predictable. Mr. Hiks knew it too as he shook his head a little the second after her name left Acacia's mouth.

But Lyra's reaction was what threw Ki off.

She looked disappointed.

She frowned and looked at the floor, having to rethink the next person she was going to pick. Ki smiled a little inside knowing that even their competition knew she was good.

Lyra had to be disappointed her ass was gonna get handed to her right?!

And so the teams went on, back and forth, Lyra and Acacia picked off the gym class one by one.

When the teams were set, they moved to their respective sides of the gym and started to get ready in their spots.

Acacia and Ki were front line, in charge of grabbing the balls and running back to the boys set in the back who could throw the balls the farthest. Everyone else stood in their ready positions behind the two in the front.

As they stood nearly on top of the line, hands hovering inches away from the soft colorful balls on the ground, Ki scanned the competition.

Everyone of value on their team was front and center.

Dangerous move.

Lyra was right in the middle, glaring up at Acacia.

"Good luck." She said with a competitive smile.

"Oh honey, we won't need it." Acacia returned, side eyeing Ki.

"Acacia don't be an ass." Ki rolled her eyes, smiling as she felt the game brewing.

"Okay, just don't be disappointed when I take down half your team in a few minutes." Lyra slyly responded looking behind her to her front line.

"As if." Acacia retorted.

But Lyra wasn't wrong.

The whistle blew, the girls scrambled for the balls, and before Ki could even stop to realize how quickly time had passed, half of their front line was gone.