Chapter 12 - The Pang In Heart

Anika sat working out a few things in her office. Nothing about him ever left her. Pinky was managing everything at home. She had told her she'd be home by lunch to help her out. She did not want Pinky to stress out or work a lot. In excitement especially, Pinky never took care of her health. She could feel the excitement in the trio to shift back into the mansion. But they couldn't feel her heartbreak there percase. 

Shakti and Shivaay had also left in a hurry for the court. It was likely that the insurance company would push the case yet again with their tactics but still the two were adamant on not giving up. Well, it had cost them their home and their older factory. 

Anika finished skimming through the bills of the last event and satisfactorily kept it aside. Most employees were busy with the Mehra's event while she was personally putting a little focus on the wedding anniversary celebrations in the family. She had already bought them gifts. Now the venue was finalized. Only the cards had been delayed. She called to enquire about them. They would be here with prototypes in some time and then the finals one would be printed and sent out by the evening. She quickly took a printout of the list of guests. She wasn't just the event manager but also the host for this event. Nothing could go wrong here. She had personally taken care of seeing to it that all Pinky and Shakti's friends were invited. Viren uncle had helped her a lot at it. 

"Come in!" She said when she heard a knock at the door, while she skimmed through the last few names on the second half of the paper. Seconds later she was surprised to find her husband standing and looking at her- in adoration. 

Before she could even open her mouth he made his way to the chair and sat there. This was odd. Once upon a time this was his office and it used to be Anika sitting on the chair where he sat whenever she came over to meet him. Generally, for lunch.

"Hi. I am sorry... I was." She raised the paper in hand.

He sighed. "Doesn't matter. So how is day going so far, Mrs. Oberoi?"

She was slightly uncomfortable under his gaze and the kind of professional respect he gave her. He always used to say she would mange the work well and should work with him. But Anika knew better to keep herself out of his professional life. It was better that way. Only when he had to leave he had requested her to take over and although skeptic initially she had agreed. Anika had always been the topper at college and she fell into the category of "perfect nerd". She barely participated in events and competitions. She always preferred to work in background. An entire responsibility on her head was huge and she used to fret over their telephonic conversations. He would always guide her. The minute she would find herself in a fix she would immediately drop him a call or text and he would help her out. A month and she was nothing less than experienced. She had the reputation of being a quick learner always.

" So far fine. How come-?"

"You know that- I am proud of you Anika. I always said you'd do this better than me. See. It's evident!" He said looking right into her eyes. This woman was something else. His eyes drifted to the wall. Quite a lot of changes in his office. It was more lively than before. "Hey, those pictures." He said pointing to the picture grid.

"Those pictures, are each from an event over the past few months."