(Fasendil) Not All Of Us Are Heartless

The sky was colored in shades with of red, slowly changing to hues of midnight blue, foretelling the arrival of night. The Legate's golden eyes stared blankly at the floating clouds, it was beautiful, calming and peaceful... for now. The altmer sighed and tried to feel this temporary peace as they were just that, fleeting. In the very next moment there might be an ambush, an attack from the Stormcloaks, or an assassin who would be sneaking up on him and attempt a murder.
But it was nothing new to Fasendil, as much as he hated it he could never deny the truth that they would all end in bloodshed. In this war, there was no reasoning and as the Legate Fasendil was an altmer himself, it just made him 'another Thalmor' in the eyes of the Stormcloaks.
Evenings like this reminded him of his time Hammerfell. The firmament would change from light sapphire to shades of azure, along with a plethora of stars shining bright in those colors. As well as countless shooting stars at times.
A smile appeared on his lips, every time he looked up at the sky in Hammerfell, all his sadness and troubles would vanish in its enchanting beauty.
Yet his heart began to ache when he remembered the eyes of a little altmer boy who was with the dissidents. The boy had begged to him to let him and his father go, they had done nothing wrong.
Before Fasendil could even say anything, one of the Thalmor soldier had looked upon the boy with a cold glare. Waiting only momentarily before the soldier took his life. And if that wasn't enough to prove the disgusting truth about the Thalmor, the terrifying emerald explosion from the city had stabbed a deep disdain for them in his heart.
The current Legate had even gone to the city after that explosion, he was not ready to see the entire refugee section of Sentinel had turned to ashes, the ashes that the robed agents had caused... the ashes that they walked on without any remorse or respect.

"Sir!" a voice had brought Legate Fasendil back to reality. The altmer quickly looked up from the ground to find the light of the sun had vanished, it was growing dark rather quickly. "Yes, come in soldier" Fasendil said, wiping a single tear from his face he turned his gaze away from the forests.
Looking at the entrance of his tent, he saw an armored soldier walk in. Saluting the Legate before becoming silent.
"You are the courier?" Fasendil questioned
"Yes sir" the courier replied, his voice was rather strange, at times he sounded like a teenage boy or a woman who tried her best to mimic a boyish voice.
The Legate didn't think of it much and nodded "well, out with it, what's the message?" he asked impatiently.
The courier quickly took out a missive and placed it on the strategy table before standing back.
The Legate walked closer to the table and read the message that was sent. However, his doubts about this courier was confirmed when he noticed something from the corner of his eyes. Fasendil looked up from the scroll and laid his eyes upon the courier, who was awaiting for further orders like any usual Legion's soldier but that wasn't the oddness about him that caught the altmer's eyes.
Fasendil placed the missive on the table and took his steps closer to the soldier.
The courier was surprised and attempted to step back.
"Don't move" Fasendil said as he had neared the courier a bit too close, his form towering over the nervous courier. With an unusual calmness, the Legate reached for the locket that hung from the courier's neck. Revealing it to be a Talos's amulet.
Legate Fasendil stared at the amulet for a moment before he pushed aside the full-faced helmet of the courier. Just as the helmet was removed, strands of (h/c) hair slid down the face, fearless (e/c) eyes looked up at the Legate. It didn't take him long to realize that the courier was a woman and also was a Stormcloak spy.
"Clever" she frowned, glaring at the altmer. The Legate Fasendil wasn't surprised, he slightly smiled and stepped back from her, casually placing the helm on the table.
"Why are you stepping back you heartless Thalmor?!" she hissed
Fasendil looked at the small stains of blood on the helmet before saying "I'm assuming that you killed the real courier to get his uniform? So much for calling me heartless" he chuckled.
"So you want me to walk away from here and spread the fear among the other Stormcloak soldiers is that it? Ulfric will get rid of your rubble from our land soon" she almost shouted
"Don't talk in such a loud voice Stormcloak, I may not kill you but my soldiers surely will" the Legate was still calm and unfazed by the presence of a Stormcloak in his tent.

"Is that a threat?!" The woman frowned
"No, just a warning" the altmer said "also your Ulfric will not be able protect Skyrim by getting rid of us rubble... once he gets his victory, more of the Thalmor will pour down and retake Skyrim... only it will be worse than Oblivion as the Empire wouldn't be here to protect her" Fasendil sighed and looked away, knowing that his advises fell on deaf ears.
"Oh yeah? What do you know high elf? All you can do is chug your weak elven wine and snoop in other's businesses" she scoffed "we fight this war because we have families to return to, who wishes to be free in our homeland, who can worship whoever they want or whatever we want... you don't know about suffering so don't even try and teach me about it" she replied
"Suffering?" Fasendil chuckled "did you ever promised someone freedom? Did you ever want peace? We all did" he looked intently at her "but wait until you realize that you and your Stormcloaks are wanting peace and freedom while being on the wrong side... something that I had realized, years ago... I just pray that so do you before it is too late"
The woman had no answer to those words, even though she looked like she could care less about 'just another elf's' wise words, deep in her mind she did question this cause...