A.M: 8

Kiana Brown
Location; Home

I laid in my bed thinking about Draco. I can't believe we almost kissed. Honestly, I hoped that it would've happened. I wanted to feel his lips against mines. I don't know why he steady on my mind.

"Kiana, Keegan called. He said he's coming to get you next week, okay"? My mom said entering the room.

I nodded, "Yes ma'am".

She stood in the door frame with a cigarette hanging from her mouth. She looked me up and down.

"You look chubby. You had just lost all that weight". She shook her head.

"I know Mom, but I won't be losing weight anytime soon". I sighed.

She walked into my room and stared at me.

"Well, I got a message from your lil friend Tonya. She told me to tell you she's sorry".

I sat up, "Sorry for what"?

"Sorry for telling me that you're pregnant".

My body froze and my heart stopped. She stared at me with a mug now. I slowly scooted back and grabbed Tinker.

"Ma, I swear, I was gonna tell you–"

"When? When you started showing"? She chuckled.

She looked around the room. I guess she was trying to find something to hit me with. I was already cryin' because I knew what was about to happen.

"Bitch look at me when I'm talking to you"! She said launching a lamp at me.

"M-Ma please"! I said dodging it.

She ran over to me and started hitting me. I sobbed and held on to Tinker. She snatched Tinker from me and threw her against the wall.

"Mama, I was raped! It didn't even happen like that"! I cried making her kick me harder.

"No you weren't! Don't ever lie about that again"! She stomped my head in.

After she was done, she snatched me up by my hair.

"Get the fuck you stanky ass hoe"! She pushed me.

"Mama, I swear. I was r-raped. P-please listen to me–"

"I SAID GET THE FUCK OUT"!

She left my room and I sat quietly. I got up and quickly started packing my my stuff. I stopped and texted Rashad to come get me. I wanted to hurry up and leave before I die. Tonya was so wrong for that, she know I wanted to tell my mama myself.

I heard heavy footsteps come making me go faster. I packed most of everything. I hurriedly grabbed Tinker packing her too. I was so scared to leave my room, so I didn't grab my toothbrush. I'd just buy another.

I slipped my shoes on and grabbed my bags. I quickly left my room in tears. My mama was sitting on the couch shooting up once again. I shook my head and left the house. I sat on the porch until Rashad pulled up.

He got out the car and walked over to me. No words were said, he just threw his arms around me. I sobbed onto his chest as I held onto him.

"It's alright, just come on. We gon go to my house". He shushed me.

He grabbed my bags and my hand. I walked off the porch never looking back. I'm not mad at my mom, just really frustrated. I would never stop loving her. Why would I do that to the person who's took care of me? Everything happens for a reason.

~~~

"You settled yet"? Rashad asked as I pulled the big t shirt over my head.

I nodded, "I'm good".