Chapter 11

This is the last time I will cuddle with Alexander or Nathaniel, I decided. I didn't want to be their wife forever, why do I need to cuddle them? This week I tried to avoid it as much as I could to avoid them. I spent the whole week working in my room. I only saw them during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. When I knew they were in their office or they were not in the house, I went to the library to read a book.

Nathaniel informed me that today we will be going to the auction that will be selling the royal family's treasure. Since it's a high-class event, it means I would need to attend this event, since I'm now part of the Amethyst family.

Since Nathaniel informed me about the event beforehand, I went to the city and bought a new dress and shoes.

I decided to buy a lavender-colored dress with long sleeves. The dress skirt is what I usually buy, but this dress is surely made for the Duchess. Furthermore, this dress has simple designs and is not too extravagant, but it still looks elegant.

For the shoes, I decided to for the lavender medium heel length shoes. It goes perfectly with the dress. I don't know where my love for simple design clothes comes from. Maybe simple design clothes do not attract attention and that is why I feel comfortable in them? I guess this is my only reason.

Elaine helped me to curl my hair and then I did make-up by myself since I'm familiar with Etrian makeup products. When I did my make-up I asked Elaine for her opinion, she said that it makes me more natural and beautiful, I agreed with her.

Then my other maid, whose name I forgot to ask, brought a jewelry box that is made for the ring, which I don't own. I looked up with a confused expression on my face.

"Your husbands wanted to give you this earlier, but they forgot." my maid said.

I opened the box, it was a traditional Ravendalian wedding ring. It's considered a Ravendalian traditional ring because it looks like any normal wedding ring, but this ring it's not a diamond ring, but an amethyst to symbolize my marital and social status.

I like this ring, the band is made from white gold and amethyst surrounded by diamonds. I put the wedding ring on my ring finger and left my bedroom.

I found my husband already waiting in the main lobby room. They wore an expensive tailcoat tuxedo, which made them look more attractive. I didn't look for their reaction about my outfit, I didn't need to impress them anyway.

"You look magnificent." Nathaniel complimented. Although I don't want to impress, I still appreciate a compliment.

"Thank you." I genuinely thanked him. I may be confident in my abilities, but I'm not confident in my appearance.

Alexander and Nathaniel each of them took one of my hands and we left our manor to visit a palace.

We arrived at the palace and since people knew rumors about my husbands, they looked at me, and then they looked at my ring and started whispering.

"She is young!" One of the women whispered to her friend. I am twenty-two years old.

"She is too young for them." Well, some women prefer younger husbands or at least their age.

As for me, I didn't have any choice and I don't mind having a husband who is four years older than me.

"How is her skin glowing like that?" I guess you've never heard of a highlighter.

We entered the ballroom where all items were exhibited for auction. My husband decided to take a look at the items first, before interacting with others, because soon the room will be overcrowded with people.

The first item we started looking at is a diary of Queen Agatha, she was a very mysterious person and she was the first one who let men be part of the court and created their council.

The council is called the Children's fate council, they are in charge of the children's rights, of course, there are twenty-five percent of women in this council.

Thanks to Queen Agatha, children's rights became more protected and men can also take part in the court, of course, there are only a few of them in the court.

I read the first sentence of her diary and I realized she used the word that Etrian people can understand and I became intrigued by the diary. Unfortunately, I couldn't read more of it, because there is a trick if you act that you are uninterested in this item, fewer people will try to buy it.

On the other hand, people are more interested in buying jewelry. In my opinion it looks like the Queen made this auction because she is lacking money and selling items that are useless to her and that is why to me the jewelry looked unimpressive.

I would understand if that was a charity auction, but that was not the case.

I looked at the paintings a little longer, because it was pleasing to watch and some of them demonstrated an event that is important to our history.

"Do you like anything you want to buy?" Alexander asked. Well, I'm interested in a diary, but I don't know how much it will cost.

"There are some interesting items, but I don't know how many people will bid on it," I answered.

"If you want something, we could buy it for you no matter what the cost," Nathaniel said.

"You don't have to," I said. I don't want to spend their money, I would feel guilty spending their money, so I would rather spend my own money.

"You're our wife, our money is your money too," Alexander said and I sighed.

I don't want to be a wife that likes to spend their husband's money. As far as I know, if a husband is richer than a wife and has control of the family's finances, then the husband will have set up a budget for his wife to spend. In other words, they gave me a signal that I can spend their money to buy whatever I want.

Few minutes left until the auction started, so we went and took our seats.